Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which MLB scoreboard website do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which MLB scoreboard website do you use?

I've long used CBS, because... I have no idea why. Inertia. Dislike of changing bookmarks. I don't know.

Over the past couple of years, the changes they have made have made using it unbearable for me. Ads that block the screen or start playing sound out of nowhere. A HUGE page where I have to scroll down just to see my fourth game score. I can't do it anymore. I want something writ small without crazy popping ads, although some ads down the side are fine. I've been looking at other sites, and so far NESN seems to be the best one I've seen.

Which one do you use and why? Any recommendations?

They all suck. I think MLB.com is the best of a bad lot right now.

Comment

I actually like ESPN...nice and clean, no pop ups that I've encountered. And has some built in hyperlinks to access a players stats just by clicking on his name in the box.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

One of my leagues changed over to Fantrax three years ago. It's a basic 5x5, 12-team redraft mixed league I do for fun. Their site is very basic, though it's been nearly bulletproof in terms of no major outages/failures. But their scoreboard is very nice - updates quickly, tells you if your hitters are in the hole or on deck or on base, and also has player hyperlinks.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

For boxscores I like MLB At Bat app, clean and non-mimicky.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            I've long used CBS, because... I have no idea why. Inertia. Dislike of changing bookmarks. I don't know.

Over the past couple of years, the changes they have made have made using it unbearable for me. Ads that block the screen or start playing sound out of nowhere. A HUGE page where I have to scroll down just to see my fourth game score. I can't do it anymore. I want something writ small without crazy popping ads, although some ads down the side are fine. I've been looking at other sites, and so far NESN seems to be the best one I've seen.

Which one do you use and why? Any recommendations?
            Funny, I was literally coming here to post about how gawd awful the CBS Scoreboard has become. It used to be great, but it's almost unusable now, especially with that damned video box that you can't shut off. Sad!

Comment

MLB At Bat here for me as well
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I actually like ESPN...nice and clean, no pop ups that I've encountered. And has some built in hyperlinks to access a players stats just by clicking on his name in the box.
                I use that also. Used to use Yahoo then they had to make changes made me look elsewhere. Tried CBS and that didn't last long. MLB is okay too, I've used that sometimes.

Comment

I go to my onroto.com stats page, because it doesn't include the "Junior Circuit" games that we don't care about

like everything else on that site, it being unexciting is both the bug and the feature
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I like Yahoo! Easy to read and W/L/SV pitchers are prominent for completed games.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                    X