Trading Dahl in 5x5 NL only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Dahl in 5x5 NL only?

Trying to shore up my crumbling staff after MadBum went down. Have been offered Johnny Cueto for David Dahl in my 10-team, NL-only 5x5 league (straight draft, no $$ involved).

Right now, staff rounded out by J. Teheran, J. Lackey, R. Ray, V. Velasquez, J. Garcia, C. Anderson, D. Straily, R. Iglesias and G. Holland.

Rest of team: C--Bandy (T. Murphy on DL); 1B/3B/CI--Goldschmidt, Lamb, Flores; 2B/SS/MI--J. Peterson, Utley, spot open (Story, A. Cabrera on DL); OFs--Bellinger, Desmond, McCutcheon, D. Santana, Schebler (AJ Pollock, Dahl, J. Heyward, J. Parker on DL); UT--Tapia.

What say ye Bull Pen crew? Should I make this deal?

no keeper considerations? yes, absolutely.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I would rather have Cueto than Dahl, yes.

Comment

Looking at your team I would make the deal.

Comment

Yeah, that is a no brainer in a redraft league. There is no telling exactly when Dahl will be back, although, finally, a return appears to be in sight. And more importantly, there is no guarantee he will be an every day player the ROS. Cueto is much more of a sure thing and that thing also happens to be exactly what you need.

Comment

Made the deal.

Comment

How much value does Dahl actually have? I would argue not much unless youre talking about a dynasty league. He could very well be sent to AAA if/when he makes it back. Where is he going to get time in an OF of CarGo/Blackmon/Desmond and Reynolds at 1B? If he is up with the big team, he is a part timer at best for this season. Rox are in first and I dont see a trade coming unless they collapse over the next 30-45 days.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Where is he going to get time in an OF of CarGo/Blackmon/Desmond and Reynolds at 1B?
                And Gerardo Parra...
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
                X