Drop Gsellman, Kuhl or both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop Gsellman, Kuhl or both?

I have been using excruciating patience but it has worn thin with Gsellman. I had him as a $1 keeper in my NL only league, but I am considering dropping him. The league is deep and other than a few "safe" middle relievers all that are available are Garza, Godley, German Marquez, Urena and Butler. I have already rostered Chad Kuhl,and was getting close to dropping him before Gsellman's latest flop. Would you pick up any of the available starters, and if so who to drop first, Gsellman or Kuhl? I guess this is a rating question so how would you rate these guys against the choice of a middle reliever placeholder.

Drop both and in this order I would go after Godley, Butler, Garza, Marquez and Urena. I had Gsellman earlier and dropped him.

Comment

I just dropped him (Gsellman) as well.............
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Dropping either is fine and Godley is the choice here. His velocity has increased on all of his pitches, and it seems like they want him to be the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Dropping either is fine and Godley is the choice here. His velocity has increased on all of his pitches, and it seems like they want him to be the guy.
          5.2 BB/9 in the minors this year is concerning for me.

His 1st two starts at the MLB level have been good, but I'm not sure he's much different than what we saw last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            5.2 BB/9 in the minors this year is concerning for me.

His 1st two starts at the MLB level have been good, but I'm not sure he's much different than what we saw last year.
            You speak true here but when you are faabing for the most part it is a gamble. Godley likely will not be this good but may be better than Gsellman or Kuhl. His velocity is better so maybe that translate into better numbers. At this point he has the opportunity so if a team needs a starter he is a decent gamble provided you do not go cray on your bid.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              His velocity is better so maybe that translate into better numbers.
              One item to watch out for - his velocity was higher in the 1st start but came back down to his 2016 velocity in his 2nd start. Obviously SSS applies here and we could use a lot more data!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                One item to watch out for - his velocity was higher in the 1st start but came back down to his 2016 velocity in his 2nd start. Obviously SSS applies here and we could use a lot more data!
                6 2/3 IP tonight, 1 H & 7 Ks but 5 BB. Probably earned another start with this effort.

Comment

6 2/3 IP tonight, 1 H & 7 Ks but 5 BB. Probably earned another start with this effort.
                  I would think at this point Godley will need to pitch himself out of the rotation. The 3 teams he has faced SD, Det and the Mets which are not one of the better hitting teams at this point. Padres are next on the road for him. At any rate I have him for $1 so not too many other teams placed high value on him. In my main NL league Godley went for $11 and Butler for 13. In the league I got Godley, Butler went for $10.

Comment

5 BB is troublesome, unless he gets that under control, he's going to struggle.

Comment

Working...
                    X