Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this AL-only team contend?

10-team AL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

My team has started off quite poorly - partly due to injuries, partly due to underperformance - but I'm now up to 6th place, 10 points out of 2nd place.

Here's what my team looks like right now:

C - Gomes
    1B - Encarnacion
    2B - Pedroia
    3B - Sano
    SS - Segura
    CI - Healy
    MI - Romine (soon to be Tulo)
    OF - JD Martinez
    OF - Dyson
    OF - Melky Cabrera
    OF - Hicks
    Util - Moss

P - Carrasco
    P - Morton
    P - J. Montgomery
    P - Holland
    P - Osuna
    P - Allen
    P - K-Rod
    P - Sabathia
    P - Erasmo

Bench - Jorge Bonifacio
    Bench - Aoki
    DL - Kluber, Garrett Richards, Tulo, JA Happ
    Minors - Moncada, Barreto, Vlad Jr.

So far my only strengths have been saves and steals but once I get some of my starters back I think I'll be able to rebound in most of the pitching categories. Getting JDMart back will help my hitting but I'm probably still a little light - a call-up for Moncada and/or Barreto would seem to help.

I ask all this because the 8th place team is already talking about dumping and wants Moncada. He's got some decent trade chips in Nelson Cruz, Kyle Seager, Ian Kinsler, Yonder Alonso, and Aroldis but I don't want to ship away the best prospect in baseball if I'm only looking to move up to 3rd or 4th place.

Where do you have a chance to make up points?

What are you MiL rookie req? Yoan is probably not going to be a rookie next season in most leagues so you can also factor his stats into the equation soon enough (plus you really just got JD so add his ROS production.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Rookies have to be brought up within 2 weeks of activation except in September and have a $5 contract for 3 years with an option for a 4th year at $10 (no long-term extensions).

Since it's early I can make up plenty of points in pretty much all categories, but wins and homers are the most tightly packed right now.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Rookies have to be brought up within 2 weeks of activation except in September and have a $5 contract for 3 years with an option for a 4th year at $10 (no long-term extensions).

Since it's early I can make up plenty of points in pretty much all categories, but wins and homers are the most tightly packed right now.
        Moncada will be brought up and play in the majors for a full 3 months, barring any injuries. Nothing that he has available is worth a short term rental unless you're damn sure you can win it all.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Agreed with Steve.

Yoan, JD and even EE returning to form should go a ways toward helping your offense. Barretto also has a shot to be called up, though your MI looks pretty solid already. You might look at moving him for some starting help.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks guys. I usually wait until June to truly assess my team but this owner is already looking to make his big dump deal and I didn't want to miss the boat if he had a deal I might like. Once I did look at his team I had the same reaction you guys did - not quite enough impact to make it worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X