Jose Osuna Pitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Osuna Pitt

Anyone have a feel for this guy? can he contribute short term (will he get more at bats than Jaos while Marte is out) and can he become part of the long term in a seemingly young and crowded OF/1B?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Long term, I don't see him being a regular. Short term, I think he is mostly a PH since they are committed to Bell at 1B and Osuna isn't really an outfielder. I mean, he can go stand out there, but he's like 6'5, 240 and not all that mobile. I think they brought him in so they can start Jaso more regularly (at 1B or in RF... yeesh) and still have a solid bat on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Long term, I don't see him being a regular. Short term, I think he is mostly a PH since they are committed to Bell at 1B and Osuna isn't really an outfielder. I mean, he can go stand out there, but he's like 6'5, 240 and not all that mobile. I think they brought him in so they can start Jaso more regularly (at 1B or in RF... yeesh) and still have a solid bat on the bench.
      Agree, I don't see any real upside.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Agree, I don't see any real upside.
        He's got good raw power, if the Pirates played him for 140 games, or he played in a better HR park, you could squint and see an Adam Duvall ceiling. But I think more like late-career Mike Morse, Justin Ruggiano, Chris Johnson, Jesus Aguilar, someone like that.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          He's got good raw power, if the Pirates played him for 140 games, or he played in a better HR park, you could squint and see an Adam Duvall ceiling. But I think more like late-career Mike Morse, Justin Ruggiano, Chris Johnson, Jesus Aguilar, someone like that.
          I'm squinting but I can't find Duvall. Duvall's game is power, but .156 ISO for Osuna vs .235 for Duvall in the minors.

Keeping it closer to home, what about a poor man's Josh Bell instead? (After all he has played more 1B than OF in the minors)

Comment

Working...
          X