Roster help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster help

I have a roster crunch problem in my NL only league. I have one too many pitchers. I have until April 24 to do something. Currently, this is my pitching staff:

Madison Bumgarner $32C17
    Carlos Martinez $26B
    Matt Moore $14A
    Amir Garrett $5A
    Tyler Glasnow $3A
    Alex Wood $8A
    Drew Storen $1A
    Arodys Vizcaino $1A
    Shawn Kelley $4B
    Jim Johnson $10C17

I have Trevor Rosenthal $1A in my DL spot. He was activated April 10th and we have a two week grace period before we need activate a player. I can make a trade and that is probably my best option. But I guess failing that maybe Drew Storen would be the guy to go but there is some upside (especially at $1) with him.

I need some help here.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

I agree, Storen is the guy to go, either by trade (but for what?) or releasing him.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I agree, Storen is the guy to go, either by trade (but for what?) or releasing him.
      Yes, Storen is the right choice here.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        That's really the dilemma and I know you guys can't answer that. Maybe a draft pick?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

or move vizcaino for like adonis garcia - but then you need to cut someone still

would you dare to do garrett and storen/vizcaino for a legit hitter

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            That's really the dilemma and I know you guys can't answer that. Maybe a draft pick?
            A draft pick would be great. Or if you can package him with Garrett for a SP that someone might be selling low on....
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Can you get anything for Glasnow? He looks like a train wreck that happened in the middle of a dumpster fire.

Comment

This is a keeper league so Glasnow and Garrett have a lot of value. I know standings are meaningless right now but I am in first and will probably need to trade off those kinds of pieces somewhere down the line but I'm not really ready to make that kind of trade.

Here is my offense

C - Miguel Montero $1A
                C - Yasmani Grandal $16A
                1B - Joey Votto $31C17
                CI - Mark Reynolds $1C17
                3B - Nolan Arenado $15C17
                2B - Ben Zobrist - $16B
                MI - Allen Cordoba $1A
                SS - Corey Seager $10B
                OF - Charlie Blackmon $13C18
                OF - David Peralta $11C17
                OF - Andrew Toles $10C17
                OF - Curtis Granderson $18A
                OF - Hunter Renfroe $18A
                UT - Daniel Nava $2F

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

If you have a roster crunch anyway I'd consider checking in with one of the bottom teams and seeing if you can upgrade that Nava spot to a better UT by giving them Glasnow. Sell them on Glasnow helping them contend if he figures it out.

Comment

Storen is close to worthless as he is third in line for saves. If you can get a used jock strap for him, jump on it.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      If you have a roster crunch anyway I'd consider checking in with one of the bottom teams and seeing if you can upgrade that Nava spot to a better UT by giving them Glasnow. Sell them on Glasnow helping them contend if he figures it out.
                      Although selling low is never a good idea, if Glasnow still has keeper value in this league I'd be looking for it as well. I just don't see him turning it around any time soon.

Comment

Well, don't need to make a trade now thanks to MadBum.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                        X