• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lester/Stanton for Porcello/Blackmon?

6x6 mixed keeper. AVG, HR, RBI, OBP, SB, R; W, K, WHIP, ERA, SV, QS

I give: Lester and Stanton
    I get: Porcello and Blackmon.

Losing Turner has hurt me a bit in SB. And I originally wanted Blackmon in 2nd round over Stanton, so is Lester for Porcello worth the AVG, SB, R, OBP upgrade/HR, RBI downgrade from Stanton to Blackmon?

C - Vogt
    1B - Goldy
    2B - Mondesi (T.Turner on DL)
    SS - Bogaerts
    3B - Suarez
    CI - C.Santana
    MI - Siemien
    OF - Stanton, Trumbo, B.Hamilton, Parra, D.Fowler
    UTIL - K.Davis
    Bench: Parra, E.Suarez
    SP - Scherzer, Lester, R.Ray, CMorton
    RP - Melancon, Kintzler, Benoit, A.Reed, Rodney, Barnette
    DL: GPerkins, Mesoraco
    Last edited by Msaint; 04-16-2017, 02:52 AM.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Personally I would jump on that. Stanton is always hurt.

Comment

I think it depends what you think about Porcello. Is he the guy who won the Cy last year, or is he the marginal pitcher who didn't help fantasy teams before '16?

If you think he can be last year's guy, do it. If you don't, pass.

Comment

It seems like a reasonable trade, but you have Billy Hamilton and Trea Turner (who will be back soon), and you're trading for MORE SBs? I look at your team and I think you need the power way more than the speed. Injured or not, Stanton hits copious bombs. Last year was the only year Blackmon hit more HRs than Stanton, and it was only TWO more (29 to 27) in just under twice the ABs. And that's playing half his games in Coors (which may not be the case in the second half of this season). Blackmon is a fine player, and I'd love to have him on all of my teams, but his value comes from the fact that he has both power and speed and he plays in the best park. But you don't need his speed, really, and the park may or may not be the case in July. Plus, even with Stanton's injury history, once he goes down, you are going to replace him on the active roster with someone else who will undoubtedly supply stats. Add those to what you get from the half-season of Stanton and it paints a better picture.

I like Blackmon better than Stanton, but not for this team. This team needs Stanton more.

Comment

What The Dane said...solid analysis. And you just can't predict a guy getting hurt, because some season he just won't and you'll look crazy for trading off 50 homers...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd pass. Not only is Dane right, but your SPs really can't afford a downgrade.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, I agree...you need power more, and I do like Porcello, but he is too big a downgrade from Lester for the OF swap to make sense, given your needs.

Comment

Working...
              X