Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which NL pitcher?

NL only 4x4 keeper

Need both wins and saves but can only pick one and have to choose this week:

Straily
    T. Anderson
    Kuhl
    Davies
    B.Anderson
    Rosenthal
    Knebl

For me, I ride brett anderson til the wheels fall off. Kuhl/Straily tied for second place. I guess Davies should be in there too.

Comment

Probably Davies. Certainly before the season he would have been the answer. BAnderson's decent if you're just looking for wins, though http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/old...-ryu-anderson/ is not encouraging.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

If you're chasing wins, I'd probably give a nod to B. Anderson, due to the fact of the team he plays for. Just go into it with the mindset that you'll most likely have to replace him due to injury within 12-15 games.
        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

If it is just for this week, he is way down the list, but for the year, I'd take a good look and Knebel. My money is on him taking over at closer by the AS break.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            If it is just for this week, he is way down the list, but for the year, I'd take a good look and Knebel. My money is on him taking over at closer by the AS break.
            This is for the year. I like Knebl but Feliz is apparently hitting 100 on the gun for what that's worth. Feliz has a 1 year deal and is a UFA for 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
              This is for the year. I like Knebl but Feliz is apparently hitting 100 on the gun for what that's worth. Feliz has a 1 year deal and is a UFA for 2018.
              I believe Knebel is destined to get the closer role,, because if Feliz pitches poorly, Knebel should be next in line. If he pitches well, I think it is likely he is traded, and Knebel is next in line.

Comment

I went in to this leaning towards Kuhl. He looked great in Boston and the announcers were talking about How Leyland thinks he compares to Cole and Taillon. He also looked good last year and put up strong AAA numbers.

Agree that Davies was the choice pre-season, but damn its hard to pull the trigger on him now, especially in that park. B. Anderson has the good team behind him.

Also really like Knebl. My hesitation there is that it will most likely be much later in the year before he might get the closer job and I'm pretty confident of making a solid run this year.

Corbin is another available guy.

I have 4 solid starters who have 1 win between them as of now. MadBum, Lester, deGrom and Lackey. 1 save from 2 closers in Maurer/Capps and Oh. Also have a cheap Daniel Hudson. If I go with Knebl, I'll have to bank on average 15 wins from the 4 starters. Would love to have 3 closers going in to next year though.

Comment

Working...
                X