• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockbuster: Trade 2 closers for 2 stud starters

10 team H2H 5x5

I have: Jansen, Allen, Colome, Feliz, Kintzler
    He has: Verlander, Darvish, Carrasco, Hamels

Watson is his only closer. We are discussing a 2-for-2. I noticed that many teams only had 1-2 closers so I stockpiled.

This is a beginner league so I figure I will easily be able to pluck saves from the WW. Jones, Bush, Benoit are still FA.

Do I ask for Verlander and Darvish and give him Jansen and Allen? If not, what 2-for-2 makes the most sense?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Yes! By all means. There are many saves to be found on free agent lists .... there are not stud starters as readily available.

Good luck - hope you're able to make the deal.
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

If I could get any one of those starters and somehow manage to keep jansen and colome, that would be my first choice.

Comment

You can ask. If I was the owner of the 4 starters, I would not make that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          If I could get any one of those starters and somehow manage to keep jansen and colome, that would be my first choice.
          Lets assume for a minute that he takes his best two not named Jansen and Colome and trades for the other guy's worst two.

So Allen/Feliz for Hamels/Carrasco.

That is an extremely unbalanced trade.

Are we looking for reasonable/fair deals here or just the best players you can get?

Jansen/Colome for Hamels/Carrasco, seems like the closest to an even trade that can be made.

Comment

In a 10-teamer with noobs, you will find saves on the WW all night and day. Do it.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              10 team H2H 5x5

I have: Jansen, Allen, Colome, Feliz, Kintzler
              He has: Verlander, Darvish, Carrasco, Hamels

Watson is his only closer. We are discussing a 2-for-2. I noticed that many teams only had 1-2 closers so I stockpiled.

This is a beginner league so I figure I will easily be able to pluck saves from the WW. Jones, Bush, Benoit are still FA.

Do I ask for Verlander and Darvish and give him Jansen and Allen? If not, what 2-for-2 makes the most sense?
              No doubt at all. Take it before he realizes closers are overrated.

Comment

what Ken said. You said it was a beginner league - if you know these people and you want the league to continue to exist, maybe make an effort to figure out what trade you'd accept the other side of? If it's random Yahoo people, sure, take it if you can get it.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I don't want to take advantage of new owners. That said, I think 2 stud closers for 2 stud starters is a fair formula.

I figure I should get one of Verlander/Darvish and one of Carrasco/Hamels.

I think Jansen/Feliz or Allen/Colome is a fair return.

I offered Verlander/Carrasco for Jansen/Feliz (or Allen/Colome).

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    I don't want to take advantage of new owners. That said, I think 2 stud closers for 2 stud starters is a fair formula.

I figure I should get one of Verlander/Darvish and one of Carrasco/Hamels.

I think Jansen/Feliz or Allen/Colome is a fair return.

I offered Verlander/Carrasco for Jansen/Feliz (or Allen/Colome).
                    I think you lost me when Feliz was called a stud closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Lets assume for a minute that he takes his best two not named Jansen and Colome and trades for the other guy's worst two.

So Allen/Feliz for Hamels/Carrasco.

That is an extremely unbalanced trade.

Are we looking for reasonable/fair deals here or just the best players you can get?

Jansen/Colome for Hamels/Carrasco, seems like the closest to an even trade that can be made.
                      I said he should try to gt any ONE starter for his two or three remaing non-Jansen/Colome closers, not two of those starters. Of course asking for any two of those starters would be unbalanced. But given this guy's need for saves, seems worth a try to offer Allen and Feliz and/or Kintzler for Hamels OR Carrasco.

Of course, any two for two in this case would be good for the OP, even if he has to give Jansen and/or Colome. But I'd prefer to keep my elite closers, and try to do a two for 1 or a three for 1 in such a shallow league.
                      Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-13-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

This early in the season, it's not an end-all be-all obviously, but ADP is a good sanity check.

Verlander's ADP was 42. Carrasco 63.

Janson - 46 so he lines up well with Verlander.

The issue is Feliz at 228.

Allen (100)/ Colome (98) isn't much better.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, but to an established player like you the trades you are posting are pretty unbalanced in your favor. Which isn't necessarily a terrible thing, I'd just hate to be in a league where something like that got accepted. Top 20 starters are much more valuable than fringe closers IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I said he should try to gt any ONE starter for his two or three remaing non-Jansen/Colome closers, not two of those starters. Of course asking for any two of those starters would be unbalanced. But given this guy's need for saves, seems worth a try to throw out Allen and Feliz and/or Kintzler for Hamels OR Carrasco.

Of course, any two for two in this case would be good for the OP, even if he has to give Jansen and/or Colome. But I'd prefer to keep my elite closers, and try to do a two for 1 or a three for 1 in such a shallow league.
                          Got it - I was going along with the 2 for 2 premise of the thread and misread your response then!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, but to an established player like you the trades you are posting are pretty unbalanced in your favor. Which isn't necessarily a terrible thing, I'd just hate to be in a league where something like that got accepted. Top 20 starters are much more valuable than fringe closers IMO.
                            I agree. If the OP cares about the health of the league, he should be cautious in offering very unbalanced deals. Nothing hurts a league more than super unbalanced deals going down. It is the other extreme to the "voting on every trade" issue I am having with a new league I am in. The fear of deals like this is what caused this other extreme to get put in place.

That said, I still think my 2 or 3 for 1 is a good starting place offer .

Comment

I decided to address my offense and we agreed on Arenado for Villar/Allen.

Comment

Working...
                              X