Hahn Solo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahn Solo?

Worth taking a chance on Jesse Hahn? He's available as a FAAB pickup. I could use SP help in our AL league. Supposedly Hahn was hitting 98 mph recently. But I sense he hasn't been successful in the past year or so.

I used to be a believer, but I've been disappointed too many times. Of course, that is in a mixed league. In an AL league, why not take a chance?

Comment

High risk, but if you can get him for a minimal FAAB bid, might be some reward there.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

has gone back to his old arm slot where he had success. I'm intrigued. Grabbed him in AL Tout reserves and am putting him in this week.

Comment

Would you roll the dice on Hahn over the relievers on my squad? Gregerson, Montas, Kelly?

I have DeLeon and Martes waiting in the minors, but no idea when they may get the call.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Would you roll the dice on Hahn over the relievers on my squad? Gregerson, Montas, Kelly?

I have DeLeon and Martes waiting in the minors, but no idea when they may get the call.
            To start or to keep? I am starting him this week over Gregerson. To keep... the Red Sox seem to actively hate Joe Kelly so I think he's fine to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              To start or to keep? I am starting him this week over Gregerson. To keep... the Red Sox seem to actively hate Joe Kelly so I think he's fine to drop.
              Thanks JC. I had to make a call earlier so dropped Montas. I watched him pitch (I should say throw). Not sure he can do more than heave it at this point. Why do you say the Sox hate Kelly?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Thanks JC. I had to make a call earlier so dropped Montas. I watched him pitch (I should say throw). Not sure he can do more than heave it at this point. Why do you say the Sox hate Kelly?
                They are adamant that he is NOT their 8th inning guy. They are basically going through every other guy in the bullpen to fill the setup role.

Comment

I threw Kelly into a deal with JaCoby Jones in Tout this week to get Wilson Ramos. I have 2 $1 catchers, so getting one this summer that can actually hit is a good return for a guy I grabbed in reserves and an end game reliever

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    They are adamant that he is NOT their 8th inning guy. They are basically going through every other guy in the bullpen to fill the setup role.
                    I think he'll put up good numbers in a low leverage role. But JC's right, they're pretty clearly avoiding him in high-leverage roles.

Comment

Very helpful. So he will be my next drop when I need to activate/FAAB pitching help.

Comment

Well, I got Hahn this week, so I hope he's all Jason is advertising.

Comment

Working...
                        X