NL-ONLY trade help! Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-ONLY trade help! Please!

12 team NL-ONLY (we keep 5). Should I take this deal?

I get - Anthony Rendon, DJ LeMeheiu
    I trade - Cody Bellinger, Jesus Aguilar

My team

C - B Posey
    C - T Murphy
    1b - Belt
    2b - Kendrick
    SS - Peraza
    3b - W Flores
    1b/3b - T Joseph
    2b/SS - Cosart
    Of - Yelich
    Of - Hamilton
    Of - Osuna
    Of - A Duvall
    Util - Aguilar
    Util - A Toles

Bench -C Bellinger

P - Bumgarner
    p - cueto
    P - m Moore
    P - Foltinevich
    P - Treinen
    P - Kelley
    P - AJ Ramos
    p - Barraclaugh
    P - A Garrett
    P - Knebel

Should I take the deal?

I don't see any reason to, it really doesn't improve your team all that much. I like Flores more than most, and Kendrick isn't going to hit .330, but I don't think that LeMahieu is either. Bellinger is just too good to give up and not improve appreciably.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

So, Rendon+LeMahieu is better than Flores+Kendrick+Aguilar, but not really THAT much better. To be honest, I really like Flores' chances to get a lot of PT. I think Kendrick will be much better than people rated him going into this season. And Aguilar looks to have a nice little role with unexpected PT in MIL. These are three very good mid-to-late round targets. I get that the draft is over and now it's about crafting a roster that can win, but those are functional pieces for a league of this depth. At this point, Bellinger is, perhaps, the most exciting bat in the minors. I wouldn't give him up in this deal.

I actually like this team a lot. I'd wait a bit before you toss Bellinger to fix something that may not be broken.

Comment

I'm going to say no, but for different reasons than Horns and The Dane. Looking at your roster, I don't think you can deal Bellinger without receiving a top flight SP back. Even in a deep league line this, that SP roster won't keep you competitive in Ws and Ks.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I'm going to say no, but for different reasons than Horns and The Dane. Looking at your roster, I don't think you can deal Bellinger without receiving a top flight SP back. Even in a deep league line this, that SP roster won't keep you competitive in Ws and Ks.
          I agree with chancellor on this one. If you get a really solid SP and a hitting upgrade, then maybe.

Comment

I just essentially dealt Kendrick, Straily, Knebel and future picks for DeGrom, LeMehieu and Rendon. My team should be decent in depth

Comment

Originally posted by Bgraham10 View Post
              I just essentially dealt Kendrick, Straily, Knebel and future picks for DeGrom, LeMehieu and Rendon. My team should be decent in depth
              If that trade was in my league I have no doubt it would be protested. You literally stole candy from a baby.

Comment

Wow! Nice work.

Comment

I hope you bought him a beer or two.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

How did you pull that one off? It's not often you see one team get the 3 best players in a deal (by far) without getting some sort of stud keeper back.

Comment

Working...
                    X