draft starts in 1 hr. I have 1st throw. Thoughts on possible strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draft starts in 1 hr. I have 1st throw. Thoughts on possible strategy

I'm getting nervous! I might throw up! Just kidding but I'm going over some last second strategies. The big problem I see is the stupid catcher spot. I have 0 keepers ther but do have Schwarbs that I'm hoping can slide down there once he qualifies. 12 team mixed $260 cap 12 keepers per team. We have 18 catching spots that need to be filled between us.

I'm not paying for Posey or Lucroy. I have a strategy to wait on Murphy and hopefully get him for $1 and also go for Ramos early in the reserve draft. I'd like to get Molina or Weiters to fill one of the spots while I'm waiting on Schwarbs, Murph, or Ramos to become eligible.

I'm thinking most teams are focusing on this postion for thier draft. I don't think throwing Posey or Lucroy first does much. I'm wandering if I can sneak either Molina or Weiters in for $5 if they are the first thrown of the entire the draft? I guess no way to know. I have a feeling once a run starts on C the price may go up even higher on these mid tier guys like this.

Or should I just try to get Murph for $1 and take any other starting guy left at the end for $1 and deal with sup par contribution from the C for the first month or so?

Thanks

Originally posted by deaccat View Post
    I'm not paying for Posey or Lucroy. I have a strategy to wait on Murphy and hopefully get him for $1 and also go for Ramos early in the reserve draft. I'd like to get Molina or Weiters to fill one of the spots while I'm waiting on Schwarbs, Murph, or Ramos to become eligible.

I'm thinking most teams are focusing on this postion for thier draft. I don't think throwing Posey or Lucroy first does much. I'm wandering if I can sneak either Molina or Weiters in for $5 if they are the first thrown of the entire the draft? I guess no way to know. I have a feeling once a run starts on C the price may go up even higher on these mid tier guys like this.

Or should I just try to get Murph for $1 and take any other starting guy left at the end for $1 and deal with sup par contribution from the C for the first month or so?Thanks
    You could throw Molina or Wieters first and see what happens. They might go under value if the other owners think it's a trap. If you get them, great. If not, there is a good chance you get Murph or someone similar for $1. I would do that and take the hit for a month rather than spending money that might sit on the bench in May.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

In what kinda league? No way Murphy goes $1 or Wieters goes $5 imo. But worth a shot!

Let us know how it goes. And good luck!

Comment

Thanks, didn't throw any of them. All catchers went pretty high. Molina $12, Wieters $11. I was shocked Ramos went for $11 and Murphy for $8. I figured they wouldn't get drafted at all.

I got Cervelli for $2 and Herrmann for $1.

Comment

Originally posted by deaccat View Post
          Thanks, didn't throw any of them. All catchers went pretty high. Molina $12, Wieters $11. I was shocked Ramos went for $11 and Murphy for $8. I figured they wouldn't get drafted at all.

I got Cervelli for $2 and Herrmann for $1.
          They are #22 and 23 in the fanatasypros rankings, so you shouldn't be surprised that they were drafted. Who did you think the worst 3 catchers drafted would be?
          https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/rankings/c.php

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            They are #22 and 23 in the fanatasypros rankings, so you shouldn't be surprised that they were drafted. Who did you think the worst 3 catchers drafted would be?
            https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/rankings/c.php
            I guess I thought bc of injuries they wouldn't didn't realize they were 22 & 23. Close to off the board though since only 24 rostered as starters. I thought if they did go would be $1 or $2 at most. Really didn't see Ramos for $11. He isgoing to miss a lot of time.

Comment

Working...
            X