My 1st year in big money 11 tm 5x5 NL, HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st year in big money 11 tm 5x5 NL, HDID

11 tm NL, 5 x 5, usual 23 man active with 2 C, 260, small bench and farm. I took over one of the weaker keeper lists, if not worst. I have played in roto since 1990, so some 27 years. Never participated in big money league until now, always did something with just a 1 or 2 hundred entry. Anyway, new group of guys for me to get to know, but older established league, everyone is in their 40's and up and well established in real world. , league is on cbs sportsline platform, but we did the auction via conference call, another 1st. It actually worked really well, and allowed liberal use of trash talk, taunting, and various catcalling on outlier bids.

Another 1st, I spent 40% on pitching. Normally I am extreme hitter budget type. *keepers
    C T Murphy 7
    C D Mesoraco 5
    1b F Freemen 32
    2b D Dietrich 1
    3b B Drury 1*
    SS C D'arnaud 1
    MI K Wong 11
    CI J Reyes 12*
    Ut A Duvall 5*
    OF K Broxton 13*, Od Herrera 13*, M Margot 10*, M Ozuna 19, H Pence 17
    P J Lester 20*, J Teheran 22, M Moore 17, L Lynn 8, J Hellickson 8*, J Garcia 7, B Treinen 18, H Neris 5*, M Lorenzen 3
    Bench J Blanton, A Wood, B Ziegler, A Blanco
    Farm Eloy Jimenez, Y Alvarez

I think I have an interesting OF, and maybe a spare SP to trade. Much thanks.
    Last edited by gcstomp; 04-04-2017, 12:43 PM.

Out of curiosity, how much money?

Comment

It's not bad, but... I don't think you have enough hitting, even for an 11-team only, and it'd be nice if you had any help on the bench instead of a handful of middle relievers. I'm sure there wasn't anything left to take in the reserve rounds of course. I'd really rather have a decent SS than Moore though. I like Lynn and Garcia and Dietrich and Ozuna (especially Ozuna at that price), and your catchers at least have a lot of potential for their price, so that's something.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

TY mj, confirms my fears. I got cold feet late in game when bidding got to 22 on Chris Owings, the last decent SS. In hindsight maybe should have closed there. I think hitting may be light, in rbi and hr cats, but feel like I ended up with overall value, with trading assets.

Comment

I'm very interested in getting T Murphy at my auction next week. Did he come up for bid early/late, what was the catcher landscape like when he came up? Would you have gone $9 if someone had gone $8?

Comment

T Murphy was a definite target for me. He came up late, and I was hoping to get an injury discount on him, but would have gone another couple bucks. 2 catcher league, we go at least 22 NL catcher names deep, and a few teams store an extra on bench, so I did try to get what I perceived to be upside and production there.

Comment

Your 2 catchers could chip in with some good power playing in good parks if they are able to get a decent amount of playing time. I'm aiming for these 2 as well. I think I'll try an early nomination on Murphy and see how that goes.

Were you able to get both Eloy and Alvarez this year or were they keepers? Nice pair.

Comment

mjl sums it up very well. Matt Moore isn't a bad buy at 17, but I'd have gone dollar days for a pitcher and invested the extra $16 in the MI. And you desperately need some sort of multi-position utility guy on your bench.

Nice OF, overall good speed, though you seem very light on power. Very nice farm picks.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                X