Are MI / CI positions? (CBS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are MI / CI positions? (CBS)

As far as I can recall, MI has always been a spot where you can put someone who qualifies at 2B or SS. CBS lists guys at MI if they have 20 combined games at 2B/SS. Most of us think this is incorrect, but Marwin's owner is arguing that he would have drafted differently had he known players who qualify only at MI cannot be put into the MI slot. Yes, this argument is over the eligibility of Marwin Gonzalez.

I believe this was discussed recently but can't find the thread.

Thoughts?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

in yahoo Alex Bregman is also listed at MI and Joey Gallo is CI and schwarber is C
    none of it makes any sense but those are the parameters of the particular stat service that the league chose to use
    and according to them this is where they qualify
    so
    DO YOUR HOMEWORK

Comment

Yeah, it all depends on the host site - most sites have strict rules for eligibility but Yahoo is way more loosely-goosey with theirs. Unless your league has rules the contradict your host site, gotta just play with what you're given.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Yeah, it all depends on the host site - most sites have strict rules for eligibility but Yahoo is way more loosely-goosey with theirs. Unless your league has rules the contradict your host site, gotta just play with what you're given.
        What he said!

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          As far as I can recall, MI has always been a spot where you can put someone who qualifies at 2B or SS. CBS lists guys at MI if they have 20 combined games at 2B/SS. Most of us think this is incorrect, but Marwin's owner is arguing that he would have drafted differently had he known players who qualify only at MI cannot be put into the MI slot. Yes, this argument is over the eligibility of Marwin Gonzalez.

I believe this was discussed recently but can't find the thread.

Thoughts?
          if a cbs deemed mi does not qualify at ss and/or 2b, then how can he qualify at mi?

Comment

onroto goes the controversial route of letting the people who pay for their service dictate the rules

yahoo and other sites have decided you must conform to their policy

for some reason, we use onroto
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              if a cbs deemed mi does not qualify at ss and/or 2b, then how can he qualify at mi?
              I do not know about CBS, But in our league If a player played 11 games OF, 10 ss, 10 2b he would only qualify for OF. Our rules dictate most games played (if under 20) as the eligible position.

I never thought of this situation and will bring it up at our auction this morning. I would be of the mind that in my example above the player might only qualify for MI. Although I doubt any of us ever thought of it and OF would be the only position allowed.

Comment

I have often complained to cbs about this but they have done nothing about it. If you use cbs you either have to monitor this yourself, which is difficult, or accept their rule. I suspect it is simply bad programming.

Comment

We've identified 4 players who this applies to: MGonzalez, Romine, Torreyes, Profar

The owner who is arguing for this figures he took advantage of it last year, and others might have.

Probably easiest to let it slide, though I've never taken advantage of it.

Comment

On CBS, the answer is yes, a player who may not qualify at either 2B or SS (or conversely 1B or 3B) would qualify at MI or CI if they exceed your eligibility requirements combined. It's stupid.

Comment

We have a rule that specifically says you can't take advantage of this stupidity by CBS. I believe it's named after Wilson Betemit, of all people.

MI and CI are not positions. You can play there if you qualify at 2B/SS or 1B/3B.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        We have a rule that specifically says you can't take advantage of this stupidity by CBS. I believe it's named after Wilson Betemit, of all people.

MI and CI are not positions. You can play there if you qualify at 2B/SS or 1B/3B.
                        I think our constitution makes it pretty clear:

6. ROSTERS
                        (a) A complete active roster shall consist of two catchers, a shortstop, a second baseman, a middle infielder (2B or SS), a first baseman, a third baseman, a corner-man (1B or 3B), five outfielders, one designated hitter, and nine pitchers.

Interpretation: MI is a slot for someone who qualifies at 2B or SS.

(c) A player's position is any position at which he appeared in 20 games in the Major Leagues in the previous year.

Interpretation: MI and CI are not major league positions.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          We have a rule that specifically says you can't take advantage of this stupidity by CBS.

I thought I was alone in feeling cbs is absolutely awful with their forced-on-the-customer settings. Because, you know, we pay for the service, but we should NOT decide our rules...

Comment

Working...
                          X