No announcement yet.

AL-ONLY....can this team compete? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-ONLY....can this team compete? Help!

12 team AL-ONLY 5x5....we keep 5 players.

Just had my draft and I definitely have some glaring holes. Any thoughts on potential areas I should target are greatly appreciated!

C - Mike Zunino
    1b - Greg Bird
    2b - Whit Merrifield
    SS - Manny Machado
    3b - Pablo Sandoval
    1b/3b - Kennys Vargas
    2b/SS - Carlos Correa
    OF - Mike Trout
    OF - George Springer
    OF - Jarrod Dyson
    OF - Delino Deshields
    OF - Tyler Naquin
    Util - Jorge Soler

P - Yu Darvish
    P - Kevin Gausman
    P - Sean Manaea
    P - Colin McHugh
    P - Ken Giles
    P - Jose DeLeon
    P - Matt Boyd
    P - Bruce Rondon
    P - Chris Devenski
    P - Mychal Givens
    P - Hector Santiago

Obviously, my pitching needs some work (last 5 picks were auto-drafted because CPU failed).

Help!!

well...hmmmm. You definitely have strength in the OF, you have enough speed to compete, just need to address the power issue. My first advice would be to dangle Deshields while his perceived value seems to have spiked. You can seemingly afford to sacrifice his speed for some power at the corner.

and how high in the standings can just one closer get you? 6th at best? It might be prudent to punt saves, turn Giles around for a spec closer (ie middle reliever) and a power bat and then pray that whoever you get with Rondon and your waiver additions can scrape together enough saves to get you to around that same spot of 6th.

Here's mine: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...3-my-only-hdid

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      well...hmmmm. You definitely have strength in the OF, you have enough speed to compete, just need to address the power issue. My first advice would be to dangle Deshields while his perceived value seems to have spiked. You can seemingly afford to sacrifice his speed for some power at the corner.

and how high in the standings can just one closer get you? 6th at best? It might be prudent to punt saves, turn Giles around for a spec closer (ie middle reliever) and a power bat and then pray that whoever you get with Rondon and your waiver additions can scrape together enough saves to get you to around that same spot of 6th.

Here's mine: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...3-my-only-hdid
      Huh? He has Trout, Machado, Correa, Springer, Bird. For a 12 team Only league that's plenty of power.

This is a great offense for an only league. He has power, speed, ABs (they are hard to get in only leagues!)

Pitching staff isn't bad either, you have one of a handful of aces, a good SP2 in Gausman, a good SP3 in Manaea, a good closer, and some good back end arms. If it were my team I'd be looking to pick up some SP4/5 types just to get more innings, but should not be TOO hard too find.

In AL only you only need 1 closer, and Giles is a good one to have. Remember, there are only 15 closers, and some of those are suspect. The upside for Giles is definitely above 6th in the standings, so I completely disagree with "6th at best" being the upside. Especially if you get even a handful of saves from random setup men or middle relievers.

This is a good AL only team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Huh? He has Trout, Machado, Correa, Springer, Bird. For a 12 team Only league that's plenty of power.

This is a great offense for an only league. He has power, speed, ABs (they are hard to get in only leagues!)

Pitching staff isn't bad either, you have one of a handful of aces, a good SP2 in Gausman, a good SP3 in Manaea, a good closer, and some good back end arms. If it were my team I'd be looking to pick up some SP4/5 types just to get more innings, but should not be TOO hard too find.

In AL only you only need 1 closer, and Giles is a good one to have. Remember, there are only 15 closers, and some of those are suspect. The upside for Giles is definitely above 6th in the standings, so I completely disagree with "6th at best" being the upside. Especially if you get even a handful of saves from random setup men or middle relievers.

This is a good AL only team.
        My bad I thought it was a 10-team. Changes my views a bit.

Comment

Agree. Solid AL only club.
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Working...
          X