Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This 3B-eligible's CBS-proj. stats are .277/23/79/79/.338OBP and yet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This 3B-eligible's CBS-proj. stats are .277/23/79/79/.338OBP and yet...

...seems to be relative silence on him. JaCoby Jones. Not the former NFL WR...the Tigers 3B/OF. Are those stats nuts? Here's rotoworld:

Unless the Tigers can go get a center fielder -- still surely their optimum solution -- Jones would seem to stand a good chance of starting there on Opening Day. He's 10-for-30 with two homers and three steals in three tries. We doubt he's ready to hit in the majors, but it's not like the Tigers have any strong alternatives.

Worth dropping a spec closer like Daniel Hudson for a flier on this kid if you need deep 3B/CI help? Or....meh....?
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
    ...seems to be relative silence on him. JaCoby Jones. Not the former NFL WR...the Tigers 3B/OF. Are those stats nuts? Here's rotoworld:

Unless the Tigers can go get a center fielder -- still surely their optimum solution -- Jones would seem to stand a good chance of starting there on Opening Day. He's 10-for-30 with two homers and three steals in three tries. We doubt he's ready to hit in the majors, but it's not like the Tigers have any strong alternatives.

Worth dropping a spec closer like Daniel Hudson for a flier on this kid if you need deep 3B/CI help? Or....meh....?
    Nice sleeper, but those stats are nuts yes. Did nothing at the major league level last year in 28 PA, and in AA/AAA hit .257/7/44/43 in 413 PA. I'd say it's nuts to project the stat line you quoted.

Good player to have around on your bench in an AL only league.

Comment

No clear path to PT either. He's flagged on my WW but not parked on my roster.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Well, that's not true, he's in line to be the starting center fielder...with moya being released, and Martinez likely gone for at least a month, he's likely got a job unless he blows it, which he very well could. He could also hit .250 with 15/20 upside.

I like him for a flyer...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

CBS projections have some errors this year I think. They also have Charlie Tilson with 10 HR/3 SB when 3/20 would be a lot more believable, and Geovany Soto with 23 HR and 39 RBI.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

cbs projections have always and will always be PUTRID

Comment

I just typed a long comment using my smartphone and submitted it and it disappeared. That's the 2nd time this has happened. Anyone have similar problems?

Edit: At least this one didnt disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                cbs projections have always and will always be PUTRID
                They're the most optimistic I've seen, always. I always use them as the most "glass half full" and then balance them with, you know, FN REALITY!!
                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                1B-Cron
                2B- Villar
                SS- Andrus
                3B-Baez
                MI-L. Gurriel
                CI- Y.Gurriel
                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                UTIL- Benintendi
                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                IL: Buxton

Comment

Rotowire has him at .238/5/24/7.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Moya sent down. Looks like Jones and Tyler Collins will both be starting opening day, with just Mahtook and Romine behind them on the bench for OF depth. That Tigers lineup looks a lot different without J.D. Martinez in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                      They're the most optimistic I've seen, always. I always use them as the most "glass half full" and then balance them with, you know, FN REALITY!!
                      This is true. In my AL only 10-team league I compared the projected CBS stat totals (per team) to my own (using FanGraphs ATC mostly) and here are the deltas (positive means CBS is higher):

HR: 280
                      RBI: 884
                      SB: -63
                      R: 731

K: -173
                      W: 20
                      S: 8

Seems pretty optimistic, esp on the HR/R/RBI side.

Comment

For fun, I just looked and Jacoby Jones and Andrew McCutchen have basically identical projections on CBS.

Comment

Working...
                        X