one more hdid - 12-mixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one more hdid - 12-mixed

12-mixed 5x5 using AVG. Pitcher pricing looked normal for Kershaw and Scherzer and then went crazy in the midrange, lots of $12 guys going for $25 and such. Hitter prices stayed mostly normal. I managed to wait on a lot of my pitching until the end and mostly paid fair prices. My middle infield is kind of terrible - I maybe shouldn't have paid so much for Paxton at the end. I like him but it made me miss out on Arcia and Neil Walker.

C: Lucroy $11 (keeper), Vogt $5
    1B: Votto $32
    2B: TTurner $6 (keeper)
    SS: ACabrera $1
    3B: Bryant $13 (keeper)
    CI: Bird $9
    MI: Phillips $1
    OF: Blackmon $32 (keeper), Schwarber $7 (keeper), Marte $31, Piscotty $13, CGonzalez $16
    UT: Kepler $1

P:
    Carrasco $19
    CMartinez $16
    Teheran $12
    Paxton $8
    Lackey $7
    Gausman $3 (way at the end, people didn't have money left)
    Estrada $2 (meh)
    Allen $8 (I don't know how this happened, other closers were going for $15ish, this is the same price Maurer went for)
    Oh $6 (keeper)

reserves: Wacha, Glover, Haniger, Jankowski, Park, Morton.

I'll probably activate a pitcher to replace Estrada and maybe replace Kepler with Park. I might try to trade an OF for a MI. Is Saladino or Wong better than Brandon Phillips?

Also, we haven't done the minor league draft yet. We only get three minor leaguers, so I think it's a lot better to take guys close to the majors rather than someone who might be amazing in single-A that I'll have to wait around for. I'll have the first, 14th, and 15th picks. Guys already taken:

De Leon, AJ Reed, Benintendi, MGonzales, Crawford, Rodgers, Meadows, Moncada, Judge, Giolito, Newcomb, Bundy, Swanson, Devers, Glasnow, Tim Anderson.

Should I take Torres or Bellinger with the first pick? I'm not going to take Robles or Eloy Jimenez even though they'd normally be considerations because of their time to reach the majors.
    Last edited by mjl; 03-30-2017, 12:37 AM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Bellinger is closer to the bigs than Torres, IMO, although he tore it up this year in ST, he's still so young. Honestly, I'd take Jimenez, I think that he's going to be THAT good that he's worth waiting for.

On to your team. For a 12 team mixer, it seems fine, maybe top half of the league fine, but not a winner, IMO. Got a good blend of power and speed, if Schwarber comes through all season, that'll really help. I also don't think that Turner is going to be Trout lite, I think he's a really good ballplayer who's going to suffer through some growing pains this season. Pitchers adjust, and he'll have to adjust back.

You're pitching is OK, other than Martinez, although Gausman is a steal. Decent closers, but again, in a 12 team mixer, I don't know if decent is good enough. I don't see a ton of help in your reserve picks other than maybe Glover, if he gets the closer job...and I like Phillips, I don't think either Wong or Saladino is a better option.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Interesting that Bird went for $9. Was that early or late in the auction? The hype on him seems to make that a low price. Also of note is that Votto still holds that kind of value in a league that uses AVG.
      I have a 12 team mixed coming up so I'm curious about those things. I'm going to assume that Allen went so low because Miller's presence. As for your team, I wouldn't mind coming out of my auction with this squad. Might not be a winner but should compete for a money spot.
      And BTW, Torres is going to be a stud and he could be up by the summer.

Comment

I really like this team. Wouldnt worry much about your MI. Turner is a stud, Azdrubel and Phillips for a buck each...works for me. Nice OF. Teheran and Lackey are nice buys.

Comment

Bird was pick 35 out of 210. The first guy to go below 15 other than David Price.

I think you can actually see our entire draft results at http://baseball7.onroto.com/baseball...sult.pl?PCBL+8. I was able to get to the page in an incognito browser so I don't think you need to be signed in. The first 65 picks are keepers.

Cam Bedrosian $36 near the end was because there were two teams that severely screwed up their spending. One of those teams had $50 left for two catchers and two pitchers and bid against me for Vogt but dropped out at $5. I have no idea what he was thinking.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'd not pull Estrada - he opens for the Jays, so you may get a two-start week from him. And he's a fine 6/7 SP in a 12-team mixed.

And agree with Horns again, I'd take Eloy and be happy with the wait. Though nothing's wrong with taking Bellinger, either.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

This squad looks really solid for a 12-tm mixed. Love Gausman at that price. I am wondering if you might want to explore pairing Carrasco and Lackey for a better ace, but that's because Im not a Carrasco believer. Then move Wacha into the lineup. I dont hate Estrada as much as you do.

Here's mine: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...3-my-only-hdid

Comment

Working...
              X