Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosmer promoted, Kila monster sent down

Go Royals

Does this make him a super 2 candidate? Just curious, on a fantasy note if he is up for good I am thrilled to get almost a full season out of him.

Comment

Yes, he will be a Super Two guy and calling him up now means he should be up for good

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
        Does this make him a super 2 candidate? Just curious, on a fantasy note if he is up for good I am thrilled to get almost a full season out of him.
        Glad to see your pick in PONY worked out Happy to have him in RJEL as well to fill the gap left by Sandoval.

Comment

Throw in the towel on Kila? He's finally inched toward the end of my dyno roster, wasn't able to complete a deal involving him this offseason - oops.

Comment

I had Belt, Freeman, and Hosmer to start the year. Belt and Freeman didn't work out yet, but I have high hope for Hosmer. Of course, I had high hopes for Belt and Freeman, so maybe the lesson is to temper expecations for a young 1bman call up.

Comment

Hosmer went for $151 in FAAB (budget $200) in my 16tm HTH last night. Not a typo.

Comment

Did Yahoo throw Hosmer right on the FA list instead of waivers?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Yes, he was

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
                    Throw in the towel on Kila? He's finally inched toward the end of my dyno roster, wasn't able to complete a deal involving him this offseason - oops.
                    I think so. It seemed to take forever for him to get a legit chance and he never really produced in those small windows to really be a part of the future in KC. I think he needs a change of scenery to ever have the chance to be more than a 4A player.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      I snagged him in Mock One as soon as I saw the thread yesterday. Thanks Jason. Also picked him up in the Free Agent league.

Here are the financial ramifications of calling him up what they did. Apparently it's right on the cusp of the Super-Two status.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        I snagged him in Mock One as soon as I saw the thread yesterday. Thanks Jason. Also picked him up in the Free Agent league.
                        Ditto.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I looked at Hosmer's minor league stats and noticed he's hit a lot of singles. I'm picking up a 1B today (dropping Kilo) and considering Trumbo, who's had a nice week, and Hosmer. Yes, I'm in last place.

Just wondering about the power production out of Hosmer compared to Trumbo, who appears headed for upper 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            I looked at Hosmer's minor league stats and noticed he's hit a lot of singles. I'm picking up a 1B today (dropping Kilo) and considering Trumbo, who's had a nice week, and Hosmer. Yes, I'm in last place.

Just wondering about the power production out of Hosmer compared to Trumbo, who appears headed for upper 20's.
                            Don't forget that sooner or later, Morales is back, and then Trumbo turns into a back-up. Hosmer isn't going to hit for great power yet (think Freddie Freeman), but all other aspects of his game are already there.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Don't forget that sooner or later, Morales is back, and then Trumbo turns into a back-up. Hosmer isn't going to hit for great power yet (think Freddie Freeman), but all other aspects of his game are already there.
                              OTOH, Morales return has been pushed even further back, and Hosmer could turn into Kila part deux after the league gets book on him.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X