Price and Maddon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price and Maddon.

I don't get why you would send Price out there in the 9th and not let him finish the game. He was still under his all time high for pitches and the runner was on and scored because of a Rodriguez error. He was still dealing and he clearly was pissed about it in the post game interview.

Your league gives extra points for complete games?
    I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

He was at 118 pitches for the game and coming up against a righty in Escobar who would have been his last batter, regardless. It's the Rays game, not Price's game, and that was rather immature for him to act like that on camera and in the post-game. 120 something complete games in May mean nothing. There's a reason why the Rays have had just 3 DL stints for their starting pitchers since the start of the 2008 season, and Price needs to trust his teammates to finish his job when they're called upon.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
        Your league gives extra points for complete games?
        Oh yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          He was at 118 pitches for the game and coming up against a righty in Escobar who would have been his last batter, regardless. It's the Rays game, not Price's game, and that was rather immature for him to act like that on camera and in the post-game. 120 something complete games in May mean nothing. There's a reason why the Rays have had just 3 DL stints for their starting pitchers since the start of the 2008 season, and Price needs to trust his teammates to finish his job when they're called upon.
          I mean I get that. But why send him out there if you're not going to let him finish. He was at 100 pitches coming in so he could have gotten the hook then. He didn't have any problems locating and he should have been out of it if not for the error. I just thought he should have seen one more batter. I agree that his response was immature in the interview, but I like that kind of fire he showed when pulled.

Comment

100 pitches is nothing....Rays guys typically go 108-112/114. If Rodriguez doesn't commit the error, Price probably goes all the way.

Comment

Working...
            X