NL-only hdid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only hdid

10-team NL-only 5x5. Decent but not great keeper list, which looked better before Dickerson went down indefinitely and Ottavino may have lost the closer role.

Other notes: I messed up transcribing keepers into my spreadsheet and saved money for Wil Myers and Lucas Duda, who were actually kept, and ended up having a bunch of money to fritter away in the late game. Also I hate trying to deal with cheap catchers.

Keepers in bold.

C: Posey $25, Wieters $17
    1B: Goldschmidt $20
    2B: LeMahieu $7
    3B: Peralta $8
    SS: Crawford $6
    CI: Jaso $1
    MI: Harrison $18
    OF: Pederson $5, Toles $10, Marte $38, Span $10, Parker $4
    UT: Saunders $7

bench: Kang, Spangenberg, Trayce Thompson, Aybar, Jesus Aguilar, Mac Williamson, Isan Diaz, Meadows, Happ, Willie Calhoun

P:
    Arrieta $15
    Jansen $26
    Ottavino $5
    Addison Reed $5
    Roark $2

Brett Anderson $1
    Capps $5
    Foltynewicz $4
    Wacha $11

bench: Knebel, Jimmy Nelson, Perdomo, Brault, Fried, Alvarez, Szapucki

I clearly need another SP, maybe two, but I wasn't seeing prices I liked early on and the late-game ones are bad enough that I figured I could pick them up later if I really cared. Nelson and Perdomo might end up being useful.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Yeah, you're most definitely going to need more starting pitching, relying on Brett Anderson is bordering on suicidal. I like Your RP, I think that between Otto and Reed, you'll get 20+ saves, maybe more. I don't know that Holland is locked into the role as closer, and even if he is, he's not going to do back-to-back games for the 1st couple of months. I like both Folty and Wacha, but they can go south on you as well...but I think they'll be OK.

Hitting is as solid as you can get, not a Jaso fan, but he won't kill you. Pretty short on speed unless Toles runs a lot.

Should be a solid team, with a little luck, one that can contend.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree with Horns. Jansen/Reed/Otto is a formidable relief core.

Lots of power. You can afford to deal a catcher to address your pitching and grab a replacement. I agree your rotation needs reinforcing.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Just being honest....the only buy I see at a good price is Posey. Not a fan of your auction, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          Just being honest....the only buy I see at a good price is Posey. Not a fan of your auction, sorry.
          Folty at $4 is nice too.

Will be a tough climb. Keepers were nice. Didn't love the guys you bought overall. But that's why we play the season out. Plenty of teams win before the season starts (on paper).

Comment

In my defense, I'm not a total maniac - here are some of the other top-end prices so you can see how mine fit in. (Not that my deals were particularly great.)

Rizzo 49
            Freeman 33 (would have liked that one)
            Belt 28
            AdGon 21

Gordon 31
            Carpenter 26

Nunez 26

Harper 49
            Blackmon 47
            Stanton 44
            McCutchen 37
            Cespedes 35
            Pollock 35
            Braun 34
            Hamilton 30
            Eaton 28
            Kemp 25

Kershaw 56
            deGrom 41
            Teheran 24
            Wade Davis 20
            Moore 19
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Marte at 38 fits in well with that group then.

There must have been pretty significant inflation in your league. How has Goldy's salary evolved to $20? What is your contract extension formula?

Comment

It's the normal $5/year of extended contract, but we allow midseason pickups of minor leaguers and the salary from a FAAB pickup is the greater of the bid and $5, and their contract doesn't start until they get called up, so it's rare for good players who come up to be priced at more than $10 or so. Goldschmidt was one of those - he was picked up in AA at $5 and eventually I extended him three additional years at $20. This is year 6, so he's expiring.

Comment

Working...
                X