AL Only: HDID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only: HDID?

12 teams, standard AL 5x5, Keepers in bold. Inflation was 11% for batters and 20% for pitchers. We keep the stats of players traded to the NL.

C Maldonado 1 Ruiz 1
    IF Reed 1 Merrifield 3 J-Ram 5 Correa 40 Andrus 25 EE 31
    OF DSantana 1 KDavis 24 Kepler 10 Holliday 8 Gore 2
    U V-Mart 15
    P Kluber 37 Carrasco 25 Bundy 5 Norris 2 Green 1 Giolito 1 Cashner 1 Robertson 20 Casilla 1
    B Carter 10 JSmith 10 MClevinger 5 AJackson 5 KGibson 2 AMeyer 2 MClevinger 1 Bourjos 1

I bought my studs in the first hour, then liked the prices on guys like Carrasco, V-Mart and Holliday. I was worried about speed going in but I think I got enough. Power and pitching look pretty good. I drafted backups for Reed and Gorr.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by virgonomic; 03-26-2017, 07:14 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Yeah, LOTS of power, not quite enough speed, and you punted catcher, which I frankly approve of. No reason to overpay at that position if you can have better effect with your money elsewhere.

I really like your starting staff, tons of K's and potential for good ratios if Bundy continues to mature. Probably need to add another closer since Robertson continues to be the subject of trade rumors, but I think that you can do that with judicious WW bids.

Overall, a really nicely balanced team, and should be in the hunt all season.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Yeah, LOTS of power, not quite enough speed, and you punted catcher, which I frankly approve of. No reason to overpay at that position if you can have better effect with your money elsewhere.

I really like your starting staff, tons of K's and potential for good ratios if Bundy continues to mature. Probably need to add another closer since Robertson continues to be the subject of trade rumors, but I think that you can do that with judicious WW bids.

Overall, a really nicely balanced team, and should be in the hunt all season.
      Thanks for your thoughts. Glad my team looks good. We keep stats if traded to NL (I added this above) which is why I went $20 on Robertson.

Comment

Only concern I would have is if Carasco goes down. There are some injury issues and you seem to be relying on him big time.

Comment

If you said, "in first by 20 points early June" you were correct! Team is rolling. Miranda and Norris have been my 2 main pickups. Motter has helped out a bit too.

Comment

Lead is now 32.5 points. I have 58.5/60 points in offense and 49 in pitching. This team is a runaway train. I'm antsy to move some keepers, but is there any point right now? Updated roster in sig.
            Last edited by virgonomic; 06-24-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Lead is now 32.5 points. I have 58.5/60 points in offense and 49 in pitching. This team is a runaway train. I'm antsy to move some keepers, but is there any point right now? Updated roster in sig.
              Looks good, but don;t you need to replace Norris and Carter now?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Looks good, but don;t you need to replace Norris and Carter now?
                I had heard about Carter but not Norris. I keep their stats if an NL team picks them up, and I think Carter will be. I can probably afford to take 2 0s for a while. However, this is good motivation for me to advertise to the bottom-feeders.

Comment

Working...
                X