Another RJEL HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another RJEL HDID

18 team, 5x5 with OBP. I had the least money going into the auction by far since I kept a lot of highish priced offense, so I pretty much sat out the first 1/3rd of the auction. I know my pitching is eh (if not below eh) and a lot depends on whether my "closers in waiting" end up waiting forever.

C-Wieters 7
    1B-Rizzo 14 (keeper)
    2B-Gordon 19 (keeper)
    3B-Solarte 12
    SS-Correa 6 (keeper)
    MI-Carpenter 31 (keeper)
    CI-Votto 37 (keeper)
    OF-Rajai Davis 4 (keeper)
    OF-Fowler 16 (keeper)
    OF-Avisail Garcia 3
    OF-Joyce 2
    OF- Piscotty 6 (keeper)
    Util-Cesar Hernandez 14
    Util-Moreland 8
    Bench: Hicks 1, Rosario 1

P-Carrasco 7 (keeper)
    P-Smyly 19
    P-Wainwright 11
    P-Folty 15
    P-Karns 2
    P-Andrew Miller 10 (keeper)
    P-Nate Jones 5
    P-Neris 8
    P-Phelps 1
    Bench: Street 2, Felipe Rivero 1, Tillman 2

Now that I entered the final rosters into RotoLab, here is what they have for you. 101.5pts with 71/30.5 hitting pitching. That pretty much sums it up as you'll need a lot of P upgrades to make this work and/or guys to significantly outperform projections. Pretty decent WHIP but rest of categories are bottom of the pack right now.

Comment

Tillman for 2 in this league could be a real steal. Like the Smyly buy. Don't like the Folty buy.

Your hitting is massive. Figure out if there's any early dumpers, and get the best pitching you can. You'll need some breaks, but the team can be competitive.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I tossed Tillman at $1, hoping to sneak him by and couldn't go to $3. Good job. I was also high on Foltynewicz and couldn't believe you let me chase you that high. I was hoping to pay $6 or $7. Again, good job.

Your pitching is going to need some TLC as the season progresses, but you figured that.

You have a lot of my favorites on offense.

I really like this team, but you're going to have to rely on quality arms in bad situations and bad arms in temporary roles until you can get some real horses to power this staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
          18 team, 5x5 with OBP. I had the least money going into the auction by far since I kept a lot of highish priced offense, so I pretty much sat out the first 1/3rd of the auction. I know my pitching is eh (if not below eh) and a lot depends on whether my "closers in waiting" end up waiting forever.

C-Wieters 7
          1B-Rizzo 14 (keeper)
          2B-Gordon 19 (keeper)
          3B-Solarte 12
          SS-Correa 6 (keeper)
          MI-Carpenter 31 (keeper)
          CI-Votto 37 (keeper)
          OF-Rajai Davis 4 (keeper)
          OF-Fowler 16 (keeper)
          OF-Avisail Garcia 3
          OF-Joyce 2
          OF- Piscotty 6 (keeper)
          Util-Cesar Hernandez 14
          Util-Moreland 8
          Bench: Hicks 1, Rosario 1

P-Carrasco 7 (keeper)
          P-Smyly 19
          P-Wainwright 11
          P-Folty 15
          P-Karns 2
          P-Andrew Miller 10 (keeper)
          P-Nate Jones 5
          P-Neris 8
          P-Phelps 1
          Bench: Street 2, Felipe Rivero 1, Tillman 2
          Pretty much as the other have said, almost a stars and scrubs approach. You OF is pretty meh, and your bench the same. Too much for Smyly, although pitching was insane, and too much for Waino, as I think that he's approaching the cliff. Better get 3 of those closers in waiting to come through to have a shot...

You always find a way to contend, but this year it's going to be a chore, IMO.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thanks everyone. I think y'all are spot on. I need pitching. I dealt away all of my minor leaguers last year in my (failed on the last weekend) run to the title, so I;m hurting in tradeable assets. But I do have Correa who can be dealt, and I think I picked up some nice minor leaguers in this year's draft. Though as I said in Big Tymers thread, I'm not sure if I can compete there.

Comment

Think you did great. The offense is very good. Folty is appealing but overpriced. You need 1-2 SP but I think you should be able to trade for them. You have lots of talent that I believe is undervalued. So I think you can trade away someone who is more commonly viewed as a stud.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I think y'all are spot on. I need pitching. I dealt away all of my minor leaguers last year in my (failed on the last weekend) run to the title, so I;m hurting in tradeable assets. But I do have Correa who can be dealt, and I think I picked up some nice minor leaguers in this year's draft. Though as I said in Big Tymers thread, I'm not sure if I can compete there.
                I think our teams are kind of opposites in that I love your hitting but see the work you'll need on pitching.

You're definitely in a position to garner ome good picks and keepers if you should fall out of it early
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

agree with what's been said. great hitting, but your pitching needs help. polar opposite of doig and i. i thought your avisail garcia buy was a great one. thought you overspent on hernandez - i haven't bought into the hype that he can do it consistently. liked your smyly and wainwright buys, but it's just not enough to compete. folty i thought was a big overpay. anyway, i think you struggle, unless you can make some great trades or pickups.
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                    agree with what's been said. great hitting, but your pitching needs help. polar opposite of doig and i. i thought your avisail garcia buy was a great one. thought you overspent on hernandez - i haven't bought into the hype that he can do it consistently. liked your smyly and wainwright buys, but it's just not enough to compete. folty i thought was a big overpay. anyway, i think you struggle, unless you can make some great trades or pickups.
                    I agree re: the overpays. The problem was I had the second most dollars left at that point and the available SPs and offensive players who I was relatively confident would substantively contribute (at least in my opinion) were Folty, Hernandez, Domingo Santana and maybe one or two more. I figured it was better to drop extra money on them than to keep the money for other question marks at the end. Guess I should've just spent my money earlier!!

Comment

Guess I should've just spent my money earlier!!
                      you and me both .
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                      X