Rjel hdid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rjel hdid

So we just finished our Auction and I gotta say--Inflation was insane. Especially pitching so the strategy of keeping arms was sound, but the stud offense that was available went for 50-60 so I was out on most of them. I had counting stats goals and came close, but my pitching stats should keep me top of the standings in those categories.

18 team, uber competitive mixed league 5x5 with OBP replacing avg.

C W Castillo $1 Keep Hedges $1
    1b W Myers $38
    3b Arenado $14 Keep 2018
    Ci Santana $35
    2b Travis $18
    SS Gyorko $12
    Mi Mondesi $8
    Of C Gomez $24
    Of M Upton $1 Keep
    Of J Parker $3
    Of Blash $1/ Dickerson $2
    Of Trayce Thompson $1/T Gore $1
    U Alonzo $5
    U Spangenberg $2

If everyone plays to projection I can stay competitive enough in offense to make some moves at the deadline to get better, a bit short on speed but power should be solid.

Sale $36 Keep
    Cole $16 2018 Keep
    A Sanchez $2 Keep
    Nova $4 Keep
    Eickhoff $3 Keep
    Skaggs $2
    McCarthey $2/Ryu $1
    Chapman $22 Keep
    Dyson $4 Keep

Rosenthal $2

I like my pitching a lot. I will have to deal for another closer down the road, but believe I'm starting strong. I should have grabbed Bush to handcuff Dyson, but spaced out so I grabbed Trevor to handcuff Oh. If he starts, that's good too.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as prior comments have helped tremendously.

PS I Know my OF is wretched.

Thanks!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think that's a bit of an overpay for Santana, but in an OPB, maybe not. Don't like the Travis buy, simply because I have no idea what he's capable of at this point. Loved Gyorko, OK with Alonso, Liked Skaggs. I don't think that your speed is as bad as you think it may be, and your pitching should be upper tier. Obviously, you have a lot of work to do in the OF, but you know that.

If Alonso and Parker surprise, you'll contend...and you need to old Gomez as well.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I think that's a bit of an overpay for Santana, but in an OPB, maybe not. Don't like the Travis buy, simply because I have no idea what he's capable of at this point. Loved Gyorko, OK with Alonso, Liked Skaggs. I don't think that your speed is as bad as you think it may be, and your pitching should be upper tier. Obviously, you have a lot of work to do in the OF, but you know that.

If Alonso and Parker surprise, you'll contend...and you need to old Gomez as well.
      I might be alone with Travis, but I've liked his potential for a couple of years now, hoping he can stay healthy and reward my faith. I was price enforcing Santana and auto clicking--but I'm not sad to have the guy.

I too am hoping my reaches come through--though I think the Blash/Dickerson combo will bear a lot of profit.

It was a lot of fun this year, looking forward to the season!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I think you did fine. I see it as a middle-of-the-pack team, and possibly upper team depending on the moves you make in season. I think you have clear holes (and you know that, but we all have holes) and the key question will be whether you can deal to fill those holes during the season. I think your non-SB counting stats look good, but I disagree with Horns and think you have a need for speed. Your pitching looks solid all the way around. Overall, pretty good.
        Last edited by Andrewski; 03-25-2017, 06:50 AM.

Comment

The pitching is great, but we knew it would be. The exorbitant prices for pitching -which was a little unusual- did make your keeper list look better in the context. That was good.

Your hitting is pretty iffy. I see this offense being middle of the pack in OBP, SB and lower fourth in HR, RBI, and Runs. That makes for a lot of work for you this season.

We all had to go to the wall on at least a couple of players, and you chose Santana and Myers. That's your top two players for $73. That's similar to what other people paid for their top-two, however, I think you got both of these at times when the well was running dry on players that are worth going to the wall for. They will pair well with Arenado to give you a top-notch corner infield, but it was expensive.

So, while I didn't really care for where you spent your big dollars, I absolutely LOVED where you spent your small dollars. I really liked Dickerson, Thompson, McCarthy, and Spangenberg.

You will need to make some moves to be competitive, but you certainly have stuff to work with.

Comment

Thanks guys, now off to your teams1

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

your pitching is good and will compete in all categories. the hitting is a different story and you'll be near the bottom in most (the exception maybe SB). sounds an awful lot like my team! liked your ryu buy, and was kicking myself that i didn't do it first. i like travis, but thought it was an overpay. ditto mondesi. gomez is such high risk that i think that is too much. half that would have been great. at age 31 i don't see a big comeback from him, but maybe i'm wrong. overall i think you struggle unless things work out just right and you make some moves.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                your pitching is good and will compete in all categories. the hitting is a different story and you'll be near the bottom in most (the exception maybe SB). sounds an awful lot like my team! liked your ryu buy, and was kicking myself that i didn't do it first. i like travis, but thought it was an overpay. ditto mondesi. gomez is such high risk that i think that is too much. half that would have been great. at age 31 i don't see a big comeback from him, but maybe i'm wrong. overall i think you struggle unless things work out just right and you make some moves.
                I'm getting the feeling that's the consensus.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X