New Keeper League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Keeper League

I'm joining a new 14 team keeper league auction this year that I think I might stick around in for the long haul. With that in mind, I'd like to compile a list of high upside targets for the long term. I do plan on primarily paying for ready now talent to compete this year, but I also want to make sure I target some players whose long term value has the potential of far exceeding their current redraft prices.

I'm thinking guys like Bregman and Dahl and Urias will be obvious choices, and if I can get such premium youngsters on the cheap, I will. But I'm also looking for guys that may not be as obvious. Maybe guys who will be late bloomers or guys that owners who are just focused on this year won't pay attention to, because they are not projected to reach their full potential this year.

Depending on how you feel about Greg Bird, he could be on your list. Joe Musgrove, Mike Montgomery, and Alex Cobb all come to mind as pitchers.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Depending on how you feel about Greg Bird, he could be on your list. Joe Musgrove, Mike Montgomery, and Alex Cobb all come to mind as pitchers.
      Montgomery wasn't on my radar, and he is available in my other league as well. Do you think he gets a starting job back eventually--not a stretch with Brett Anderson as the 5th starter. He is in the bullpen now and doesn't have a path to saves without injury.

Comment

Working...
      X