Thoughts on my team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on my team?

Hey guys. It's a 13 team mixed 5x5 with $300 budget and 4 bench players. My keepers are designated by 'K'.

C R Martin 1
    1B Frazier 13 K
    2B LeMahieu 1 K
    SS Correa 6 K
    3B Beltre 23
    OF Sano 6 K
    OF B Hamilton 44
    OF Bautista 20
    OF Eaton 17
    U Moustakas 5
    U Dyson 9
    SP C Mart 6 K
    SP Carrasco 11 K
    SP Kluber 51
    SP Quintana 32
    SP Pomeranz 5
    RP Giles 17 K
    RP Chapman 22 K
    P N Feliz 4
    P Odorizzi 1
    B Bruce 3
    B N Walker 1
    B Andrus 1
    B Castellanos 1

For comparison, here are salaries of some other prominent players: Kershaw 84, Goldy 80, Trout 80 (K), Arenado 69, Scherzer 63, Rizzo 61, Harper 61, Donaldson 57, Miggy 52, Sale 51, Cueto 41, Polanco 41.

Thanks for any thoughts on the auction results.

Some great names there. Not a fan of your 1B and OF for a league like this. Billy H, sure, but Sano and Eaton?

Solid rotation though! Maybe just a tad light on offense / thump.

Have fun with it! You definitely made some good buys for the money.

Comment

I think you had a pretty good auction to go with your keeper list. May need to trade some speed for power at the halfway point.

I don't see how a team can win a league when using $80 bucks for one player. They would all have to have insane cheap keeper lists.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. There are always some insanely cheap keepers. One owner kept a $31 Machado with seven $1 players. We had owners with $262, $258, $254, and $244 to spend in the auction. BTW, Mith is in this league and he got Kershaw for $84. Hoping for more thoughts (if possible) since this is the year Mith falls.

Comment

I think you have a very competitive team with the power bats of Walker and Bruce added to your starting lineup. Dyson and Andrus look like trade candidates to me since you already have Correa and Hamilton. And your pitching looks very good to me. Especially your top 4 SP.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I don't see how a team can win a league when using $80 bucks for one player. They would all have to have insane cheap keeper lists.
            There are a lot of $1 players both kept and drafted in this league. Couple that with an extra $40 to spend and almost the entire league uses the stars and scrubs strategy. Eight different teams have multiple players costing $40 or more and one team has four of those players. The extreme inflation is really only evident among the top 50 players or so. We have a few owners who always wait it out and only bid on players outside the top 25 for a more balanced team price-wise. Actually, one of them won the league last year for the first time in about ten years. So there have been different strategies used to win this league.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I think you had a pretty good auction to go with your keeper list. May need to trade some speed for power at the halfway point.

I dug this up thread up and found this from Gregg. I won this league and drafted Kershaw for $84.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                Thanks for the replies. There are always some insanely cheap keepers. One owner kept a $31 Machado with seven $1 players. We had owners with $262, $258, $254, and $244 to spend in the auction. BTW, Mith is in this league and he got Kershaw for $84. Hoping for more thoughts (if possible) since this is the year Mith falls.
                Oops!!!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  I dug this up thread up and found this from Gregg. I won this league and drafted Kershaw for $84.
                  Congrats!

My experience and thought process goes directly to "only" type leagues. It is clear to me that I would have to drastically change the way I play if I was in a mixed league.

This comment is not taking anything away from your accomplishment. Well done.

Comment

Congrats!

My experience and thought process goes directly to "only" type leagues. It is clear to me that I would have to drastically change the way I play if I was in a mixed league.

This comment is not taking anything away from your accomplishment. Well done.
                    See my season write-up here

Comment

Working...
                    X