RP - Roberto Osuna
    RP - AJ Ramos
    P - Ken Giles
    P - David Robertson
    P - Sean Manaea
    BN - Francisco Liriano
    BN - Drew Pomeranz
    BN - Alex Wood
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

I like the offense-- speed to burn. Obviously you paid the price of going offense heavy and ended up with a somewhat weak rotation (although I like a lot of your starters). Are 4 closers overkill in a 14-teamer? Maybe you should deal one for a starter.

I think you should also inprove on Inciarte if you can.

Comment

I dunno, seems pretty solid I would be happy with that team in a 14 teamer. Except for I don't love Turner as much as others seem to.

Comment

At 10 and 19 you got Turner and Miggy? Didn't think that was possible with the way Turner has been hyped.

Comment

I hope your league likes to trade. Hamilton/Gordon/Turner/Peraza and 4 closers? Yet still having Miggy and Lamb for power so you don't have a total zero there. A lot of risk on the pitching staff. Real risk in falling too far behind in HR/RBI before you make a trade. But a really good collection of talent if you can shape it into a team.

Comment

I like the team overall, DJB. Lots of strong pieces. Right now, the team is less than the sum of its parts, not more. You have overkill in some areas (where would you play Moncada, for example?). Definitely like your end-game buys like Conforto.

Personally I would look to flip Ramos in a deal. You'll get more for Ramos than for Robertson. Take either the best SP you can get for Ramos (or for Ramos plus one of your back-end SP) or see if you can upgrade from Inciarte. I also am not convinced Dee Gordon comes back to what he was. Might take the opportunity to flip him for a more bankable commodity since you have speed elsewhere. Overall nice work though!

Comment

Yeah this was a weird draft overall. I didn't expect it to turn out this way but between picks 11-14 it went Syndegaard, Scherzer, Bumgarner, and Price. Sale and Cueto went early too. Moncada was just a guy I took at the end. I'll drop him I'm sure.

I have some trades to make but I've won this league before hoarding saves and then trading them lol We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I hope your league likes to trade. Hamilton/Gordon/Turner/Peraza and 4 closers? Yet still having Miggy and Lamb for power so you don't have a total zero there. A lot of risk on the pitching staff. Real risk in falling too far behind in HR/RBI before you make a trade. But a really good collection of talent if you can shape it into a team.
                Well, he doesn't have Hamilton -- that would've been overkill!!

My gameplan would be:
                1 - trade Robertson for a starter
                2 - trade Gordon & Inciarte for a more well-rounded batter and a power hitter

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Well, he doesn't have Hamilton -- that would've been overkill!!

My gameplan would be:
                  1 - trade Robertson for a starter
                  2 - trade Gordon & Inciarte for a more well-rounded batter and a power hitter

I'll definitely flip a closer. Hopefully Ramos or Robertson.

I do like Gordon's speed potential upside but I'll see if I can convert.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                    I didn't expect it to turn out this way but between picks 11-14 it went Syndegaard, Scherzer, Bumgarner, and Price.
                    Price? Was this draft a month ago or do you have an owner who is not paying attention at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Price? Was this draft a month ago or do you have an owner who is not paying attention at all?

Red Sox homer on that one. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                        Red Sox homer on that one. lol
                        That actually makes it worse. Of anyone he should know how bad that pick is at this point.

Comment

Working...
                        X