SLG

I should have a shot at one of the following with pick #3

Trumbo
    Addison Russell
    Gregory Polanco
    V Mart
    C Santana
    B Hamilton

I'm leaning toward Polanco, but Trumbo and Russell are intriguing as is Hamilton.

I already kept the following hitters:

D Gordon
    R Cano
    F Lindor
    J Donaldson
    G Stanton
    J Upton
    JD Martinez (keepers were due before the injury)

Remember we can keep these guys forever (at least 10 of them a year) no salaries or contracts.

Draft is Sat so if you could share your thoughts before then I'd appreciate it.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Polanco

with those other cats Hamilton's value is diminished

Comment

Hamilton's like a two-out-of-nine category player in this league, right? And actively bad in most of the other categories? He seems kind of terrible.

Polanco is the clear pick, Russell's pretty good but you do already have Lindor and also he's not as good as Polanco.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        Hamilton's like a two-out-of-nine category player in this league, right? And actively bad in most of the other categories? He seems kind of terrible.

Polanco is the clear pick, Russell's pretty good but you do already have Lindor and also he's not as good as Polanco.
        That's what I'm thinking plus I already have Hamilton lite in Dee Gordon.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

No way Polanco and Russell don't go 1-2 in a keep forever league right? Slightly leaning towards Santana over Trumbo as #3. I'd go Polanco, then Russell if one of them fell.

Comment

yeah, who are the first two picks?
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Polanco 1st by a big margin, then Addy Russell in 2nd, still a long way ahead of the rest.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                No way Polanco and Russell don't go 1-2 in a keep forever league right? Slightly leaning towards Santana over Trumbo as #3. I'd go Polanco, then Russell if one of them fell.
                I know these guys, Trumbo will be one of the top 2 dudes picked.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Polanco. Then Russell.

Comment

Working...
                  X