Keeper Advice? - NL Only, 4x4, $260, 10-team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Advice? - NL Only, 4x4, $260, 10-team

Going into our 27th season, the league is standard rotisserie 4x4 with no Runs or Ks.

I won last year by 20+ points. I can keep a max of 15.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Starling Marte - $36
    Yasiel Puig - $34
    Wil Myers - $22
    Daniel Murphy - $20
    Aledmys Diaz - $10
    Ender Inciarte - $8
    Odubel Herrera - $5
    Yangervis Solarte - $2
    Chase Utley - $2
    Justin Turner - $1

Stephen Strasburg - $26
    Carlos Martinez - $12
    Jon Gray - $10
    Seth Lugo - $10
    Kyle Hendricks - $9
    Seung-hwan Oh - $1
    Raisel Iglesias - $1

Starling Marte - $36
    Wil Myers - $22
    Daniel Murphy - $20
    Aledmys Diaz - $10
    Ender Inciarte - $8
    Odubel Herrera - $5
    Yangervis Solarte - $2
    Justin Turner - $1

Carlos Martinez - $12
    Jon Gray - $10
    Kyle Hendricks - $9
    Seung-hwan Oh - $1
    Raisel Iglesias - $1

I am keeping these guys. I was on the fence with Stras but without K's as a category I think I would toss him back. You have good speed and saves. Thats what I would be tossing early and often in the auction.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

So you only HAVE to cut 3, if my math is right. You could cut more. Puig is a no. Utley is a no. Lugo is a no. So you could leave it at that. I might go a little further. Though I'd imagine if most teams kept 14 or 15 guys, the auction will be pretty bare.

I honestly think I throw back Jon Gray in 4x4. Is Solarte a keeper in a 10 team league when he has to go at CI? Is Stras worth it? I am so scared of his injury but he's almost through ST and isn't broken yet.

Comment

Thanks Hammer. Your analysis is exactly where I am leaning.

joncarlos, I like Gray this year, however I may toss him back as I can likely get him back cheaper.
        I am absolutely keeping Solarte @$2.

I forgot to mention that our league has only 1 catcher but 2 UT.

Comment

I would not keep Gray at $10 in a 4x4. ERA and Whip are not where I want them to be for 10 bucks.

Agree with the rest.

Comment

In my 4x4, where we use K's instead of WHIP, and starting pitching will be scarce in the auction, Jon Gray is an easy keep at $10.

In an ERA & WHIP 4x4, yeah, you can probably drop him.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
              In my 4x4, where we use K's instead of WHIP, and starting pitching will be scarce in the auction, Jon Gray is an easy keep at $10.

In an ERA & WHIP 4x4, yeah, you can probably drop him.
              Yep, the K's make the difference.

Comment

Working...
              X