No announcement yet.

Pick a southpaw prospect for the end of your bench: Adrian Morejon or A J Puk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick a southpaw prospect for the end of your bench: Adrian Morejon or A J Puk

Adrian Morejon (only 17 years old) - Since arriving in the Dominican Republic, Morejon has seen his fastball increase to sit in the low-90s and touch 95 mph, showing good feel for both his curveball and changeup, with a chance for both offspeed pitches to develop into above-average offerings. He technically throws two different types of changeups, one of which is a knuckle-change with late diving action, while the other is a more traditional changeup with sink and run. It’s a repertoire to profile as a starter with a smooth delivery and clean arm action.

A J Puk - raw stuff, southpaw, lots of projectability, and in short season ball had a 3.31 BB /9 (not bad since command was the knock on him coming out of college). Of course that is a small sample size and command could still be an issue. His fastball sits in the mid-90s and is plus-plus, but his change up and slider needs work. He turns 22 this April.

Assuming MLB arrival is not an issue, which prospect would you roll the dice on?

I'd take Morejon (and I have, in 2 leagues)...supposedly has 3 pitches that will grade out to Plus, and already has good command.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

MLB arrival is always an issue because there's more time for things to break if a guy spends more time in the minors. I would take Puk because TINSTAAPP. Unless you think Morejon is a guy you can trade in the next year because of the hype. Pitching prospects are better as trade bait than as keepers.

Comment

It is like picking between puke and a moron...

Comment

Vote 3 for Morejon
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

4 votes
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X