HDID 10 Team AL Standard 5x5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID 10 Team AL Standard 5x5

How did I do? Where do I look to improve? K marks keepers.

W Ramos 1
    D. Norris 1 - free agents eligible
    Hosmer 22
    C Davis 24
    Bregman K3
    Kinsler K15
    G Torres 1
    Lindor K15
    Bradley K5
    J Ramirez K1
    Benindenti K1
    Soler 13
    M Smith 7
    Encarnacion 39

D Duffy K3
    Skaggs K2
    Shoemaker K7
    Stroman K2
    Kluber 43
    A Miller 17
    Doolittle 2
    S gray 4
    Giles K21

Reserves
    Chisenhall
    Brach
    Lowrie
    C Fulmer
    S casilla
    Kaprielian
    P O'Brien
    O Narvaez
    AJ Reed K
    Judge K

Offense looks great - good balance of power and speed!

There are some question marks in your rotation. You could use a second stud - Stro, Skaggs or Gray may or may not be that guy. You also need more saves. Someone like Nate Jones or Bedrosian would complement your team well. Still, a very good start.

So, to answer your question, you need a decent SP, a source of saves, and a 2B for the month of April (Lowrie?).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post

There are some question marks in your rotation. You could use a second stud - Stro, Skaggs or Gray may or may not be that guy. You also need more saves.
      I actually disagree. Starters look like a strength. For AL Only he has one of the top 3 aces in Kluber, and he has both Duffy and Stroman who each slot within the top 20 starters. And Shoemaker is great for SP4 in AL Only. That seems like a good top end to me. You'd have to overpay for pitching at the expense of hitting to get a better staff than that.

On the saves side he has Giles, who should be a tier 2 closer. And he has Miller who should pick up a decent number of saves behind Allen this year too. With 10 teams and 15 closers, having Giles + Miller alone should put him at least average in the saves department if not above.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        Offense looks great - good balance of power and speed!

There are some question marks in your rotation. You could use a second stud - Stro, Skaggs or Gray may or may not be that guy. You also need more saves. Someone like Nate Jones or Bedrosian would complement your team well. Still, a very good start.

So, to answer your question, you need a decent SP, a source of saves, and a 2B for the month of April (Lowrie?).
        Got Lowrie to fill in for Torres, who is a keeper flyer of course. But the Kipnis thing might help me out. Ramirez should get the 1 game we use at 2B. Then I can move Judge in to OF, assuming he makes the team.

Comment

I'm probably missing something, but why does he need a 2B for April? Is Kinsler hurt?

That's an impressive list of keepers. I agree with Ken - your SP should be strong and your RP competitive. Lots of power. But unless Mallex starts early, I think you're speed short. With Davis, Soler, and potentially Judge in your lineup, BA could be a big problem too.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I'm probably missing something, but why does he need a 2B for April? Is Kinsler hurt?

That's an impressive list of keepers. I agree with Ken - your SP should be strong and your RP competitive. Lots of power. But unless Mallex starts early, I think you're speed short. With Davis, Soler, and potentially Judge in your lineup, BA could be a big problem too.
            Good point about the BA. Wasn't expecting my $24 bid of Davis to hold. I'll probably be looking to flip him to a team short of power.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

Confused him with Kipnis.

I missed that it is only 10 teams. So I upgrade my assessment of his pitching staff. That said, I love Stro, but I'm not sold on the staff after Kluber and Duffy. Could be great, could underperform.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
              X