Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Training velo readings

Nice work from Jeff Zimmerman to track velocity changes

Sheet1 Pitch Tracking Home Teams:,Mariners,Padres,Diamondbacks,Rockies,Rangers,Royals Teams with velo in telecast:,Yankees,Phillies Last update,3/28/17 Name,Gamedate,Spring Training Velo,2016 FB Velo,Diff A.J. Cole,2/26/17,93 to 95 (Washington Post),91.0,4.0 A.J. Griffen,3/28/17,87.0,87.7,4.0 Aa...

yeah, that's a great resource ... there's one name that jumps out at me from that list that might be flying under the radar this spring - Shelby Miller.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Scott Kazmir down 5.8 mph......oof

Comment

I heard Greinke was a LOT better in his last outing. Or maybe the D-Backs have a hot gun? I heard a rumor that Taijuan Walker hit 99 or something insane like that.

Comment

Update for 2018

Sheet1 From pitch tracking system installed Salt Rivers (Rockies and D-Backs home park), teams with a broadcast radar (Mets, Nationals, and Yankees home games), and Twitter. If anyone as any other reported velos, please let me know at @jeffwzimmermn on Twitter Name,Date,Now Fastball velo, 2017 f...

Comment

Awesome. This thread was the reason I landed Zach Godley on waivers last season!

Brandon Woodruff & Amir Garrett stand out to me.

Comment

Be careful about Woodruff. Zimmerman has said that the gun at Salt River Fields (where he just pitched) appears to be a bit hot for everyone, so that might not be real.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Awesome. This thread was the reason I landed Zach Godley on waivers last season!

Brandon Woodruff & Amir Garrett stand out to me.
                I think I'm falling in love with Amir Garrett.

Last year, in a small sample, he had 3 pitches. Below are #pitches, swstr%, and wOBA:
                4-seam 766 | 3.7% | .460
                slider 277 | 20.6% | .289
                change 191 | 11.5% | .189

The slider and change were excellent, while the 4-seam was ATROCIOUS. In total, he had an 8.7% swstr. If the reports of improved velocity/command are true, and you give him just a league-average 4-seam, which I believe is around 7% swstr, that would result in just below an 11% swstr. Not elite, but damn good.

It's usually not a good idea to latch onto a player like this, but thankfully he's not expensive anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  Be careful about Woodruff. Zimmerman has said that the gun at Salt River Fields (where he just pitched) appears to be a bit hot for everyone, so that might not be real.
                  #thanksCavebird

LOL

anyway, it says he’s not updating this for this year. Anywhere else?

Comment

Lol, that post was from March of 2018.

Comment

I know, lol.

Comment

updated one - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gr4/edit#gid=0

Jeff has a note about not keeping up with it in the past few days. In case you don't know him or follow him, his brother is in the final days of ALS.

Comment

I was confused by which yardstick was used to measure Kazmir's 5.8 MPH velo drop, thinking he probably hasn't been clocked in 2-3 years.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                          X