BN Wilmer Flores NYM - 1B,2B,3B
    BN Michael A. Taylor Was - OF
    BN Raúl Mondesi KC - 2B
    BN Raisel Iglesias Cin - SP,RP
    BN Andrew Toles LAD - OF
    BN Manuel Margot SD - OF
    NA ByungHo Park Min - 1B

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-31-2017, 10:52 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Seems like way too big an investment in relievers for a Sv+Hd league. Plus 2 very risky SPs at the top. If Max and Tanaka are golden then so are you, but you need a lot more beef on offense. Enough that I'm not quite sure where to start. Does anyone else love RPs this much? Can you trade Wade Davis for a slugger?

Comment

Exhibit A why you should never autodraft.

Comment

I was looking at that as if either Tanaka or or Max is golden. Nor do I have the biggest bullpen. One guy has Miller, Betances, Barraclough and another guy has Janson, Chapman, Meloncen, Watson.

First four moves now that WW is open.

Juan Nicasio Pit - SP,RP -- Corey Knebel Mil - RP To Waivers
        Byung Ho Park Min - 1B -- Cheslor Cuthbert KC - 3B To Waivers
        Tyler Flowers Atl - C -- Travis d'Arnaud NYM - C To Waivers
        Andrew Toles LAD - OF -- Paulo Orlando KC - OF To Waivers
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

This team has zero power. Autodraft loved the middle infielders. Anyone out there who can hit HRs?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            This team has zero power. Autodraft loved the middle infielders. Anyone out there who can hit HRs?
            Park is the guy that floated. I stayed up til 2 AM to get first dibs at the dregs. Maybe after some cuts to repair dreadful pitching. Also, both the big SP are on the block.

That said, 'zero power' ought to be a bit much. Bregman, Correa, Shaw, possibly Bour project 20+ bombs. There's power from unusual positions. The big question is Thames. Is he the 35 Hr guy that played in Korea or the sub-.200 ISO that played for Toronto?

J
            Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-20-2017, 11:32 AM.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Who was your 3rd rounder? Yelich maybe? I can see Correa 1, Max 2, Bregman as a 5, Tanaka/Duffy/Davis 6-7-8, maybe Aledmys/Hererra 9-10? Or maybe all those guys are 1 round higher than I think? You've got to get a legit 30-HR guy somewhere in your first 4 or 5 rounds. Ideally 2 of them. It's not the only way to build a team but it's certainly the easiest.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                That said, 'zero power' ought to be a bit much. Bregman, Correa, Shaw, possibly Bour project 20+ bombs. There's power from unusual positions. The big question is Thames. Is he the 35 Hr guy that played in Korea or the sub-.200 ISO that played for Toronto?

J

Half of the four you quoted have never hit 20 HRs. Why would Shaw 'project' for 20 HRs when he hit 16 in what was a full season for him, last year? You can depend on Thames, maybe he works out, maybe he doesn't.

I count seven of your starting hitters to be backups in a 16-team league: D'Arnaud, Shaw, Panik, Drury, Reyes, Polanco, Margot. If they start for you all season long, I could foresee this motley crew contributing 50-60 HRs. That means the other 6 need to hit 200+ just to get you to midpack in a 16-team league. Fat chance. This offense has a good chance of finishing dead last in HRs and RBIs, and I don't even really see where the speed is coming from, since you have a lot of <5 SB guys. Sorry man, hope you didn't pay anything major to be in this league.

Comment

Ouch, this team is brutal. If you can get this team in the money, I'll be beyond impressed.

I'm not quite as negative as revo, but I see no hope even for a top half finish.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Traded Scherzer, Tanaka, Wade Davis and other players for Braun, J Abreu, Manaea and others (3 deals). OP roster revised. That brought in a bit of power but cost a ton of pitching.

How does it look now?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I think it's a solid team. Decent power and speed. Pitching looks stable. I didn't understand all the negative comments until I read the whole thread.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                      X