Trade Scherzer? Keep him and?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Scherzer? Keep him and?

Dynasty league 12 teams, we can keep guys forever well, the 10 we're allowed. H2H with strange categories:

Pitching is:

Earned Run Average
    Strikeouts
    WHIP
    Quality Starts
    Innings Pitched
    K/9
    Win Pct
    (K/BB)
    Saves Plus Holds

Closers/Holds guys are easy to come by in season so few are kept.

I have Scherzer and am thinking of dealing him.

I also have these guys

A Sanchez
    K Jansen
    E Diaz
    M Pineda
    J Guerrero

Right now I'm keeping Max, Kenley and Sanchez. If I deal Scherzer I could only keep one of Kenley or Sanchez.

I can get two of Glasnow, Giolito, D Bundy, Snell or Paxton for him.

So is Max and Kenley the best option?

Would you keep Kenely over Sanchez?

I have a few hours left to get any of this done.

Thanks!
    Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 03-19-2017, 06:09 PM.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I keep Scherzer and Kenley, unless closers are so devalued in your set up that even an average starter is better than an elite closer. I like Sanchez, but expect some regression, and even if most closers are devalued, Kenley is so elite, but it all comes down to projected costs and savings. In any case, I am not dealing Scherzer yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I keep Scherzer and Kenley, unless closers are so devalued in your set up that even an average starter is better than an elite closer. I like Sanchez, but expect some regression, and even if most closers are devalued, Kenley is so elite, but it all comes down to projected costs and savings. In any case, I am not dealing Scherzer yet.
      Would you keep E Diaz over Sanchez? If I keep Max I can keep 2 more. Elite closers still have value
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'd keep Scherzer, you really don't have an ace otherwise...and I love Daiz, for what that's worth.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Those categories seem to indicate that Scherzer is a total stud. I would not think of dealing him unless you are getting a ransom.

Comment

Keep Max and Kenley. Cavebird only left out one thing, and that was the word "Kings" before ransom.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen!!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Sure would be hard for me to throw back Diaz. If there's a "next Jansen" Diaz and his 15.3 K/9 is probably the closest to it. From this group I'd really want to keep Scherzer, Jansen, Diaz if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Sure would be hard for me to throw back Diaz. If there's a "next Jansen" Diaz and his 15.3 K/9 is probably the closest to it. From this group I'd really want to keep Scherzer, Jansen, Diaz if at all possible.
                  I agree. I didn't notice that you could keep Diaz over Sanchez. I'd do that, again, unless SPs go for way more than even elite closers.

Comment

Working...
                  X