Tyler Skaggs trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Skaggs trade?

I can pick up a $10 Skaggs for my 4th round draft pick (47th overall). I get back his 5th (60th overall).

AL only 5x5. Our inflation is about 40%.

I have limited money and a weak pitching staff. Added to that there are not a lot of good pitchers back in the auction. There will be plenty of money by the other owners.

I am thinking that Skaggs has some upside and it may be better to snag him pre-auction.

What do you guys think?

I'm confused. If you have an auction, what's the pick for? The rookie draft?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I'm confused. If you have an auction, what's the pick for? The rookie draft?
      After the auction, we have a 13 round reserve draft. It holds position (does not snake). The order is based on finish from last year. In the reserve round we can pick anyone that is not in the other league (NL). This would include any player not bid on, rookies, international, college, and in the rare instance high school.

Salary is assigned by round. In this case both picks are assigned $10.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I can pick up a $10 Skaggs for my 4th round draft pick (47th overall). I get back his 5th (60th overall).

AL only 5x5. Our inflation is about 40%.

I have limited money and a weak pitching staff. Added to that there are not a lot of good pitchers back in the auction. There will be plenty of money by the other owners.

I am thinking that Skaggs has some upside and it may be better to snag him pre-auction.

What do you guys think?
        I'm also in an AL-only 5x5 with a ton of inflation, and Skaggs still seems like end-of-draft roster filler at this point. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I was expecting him to be a $1 pick at the end, no more than $3. He has upside, but does someone really bid $11 on him at point?

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
          I'm also in an AL-only 5x5 with a ton of inflation, and Skaggs still seems like end-of-draft roster filler at this point. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I was expecting him to be a $1 pick at the end, no more than $3. He has upside, but does someone really bid $11 on him at point?
          I should have mentioned it is a 12 team league.

It looks to me that there are 17 pitchers back in the auction that rated above Skaggs.

Comment

Bump...

Comment

I like Skaggs as a flyer, but $10....not for me, I'd pass.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Some upside, sure, but a lot higher odds of him being worth less than $10 than more. Pass.

Comment

He went for 4 in LABR. I see the point that there's not much else available, but 250% inflation? I'd rather draft a good MR and sort it out later. (Or just throw a ton of darts in the reserve round)

Comment

Even for a reserve pick, I'd pass. That's where he belongs anyways.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen.

I think I am caught up in our league trading frenzy which is being fueled by high inflation, lots of money (which I do not have), and lack of pitchers that will be available at the auction.

Sale was traded for and is being kept at $45, Snell at $15 was traded and is being kept. Shoemaker at $15 was just traded for and is being kept. I need to take a breath and step back.

Comment

Working...
                      X