Roster Help Needed (2 questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Help Needed (2 questions)

Been a long time since I last posted. I hope everyone is doing well...I had 2 questions I could use help with

League is standard 5x5, 14 team, $260 auction. Can sign guys to 3 year contracts with $5 increase in salary in year 2 and again in year 3. We can keep up to 12 keepers + 2 minor league keepers (no salary increase on minors)

First question
    • I have 3 minor leaguers for 1 spot. All are $1 and can be kept for 2 more years as a minor until they hit 50 IP or 130 ABs
    • I already have Yoan Moncada
    • Which one should I keep out of Lewis Brinson, Anderson Espinoza and Francis Martes
    • I am looking for highest upside and not necessarily best return for this year (if I am in the running, whoever this is will be a likely trade chip)

Second Question
    • Out of my keepers, I am currently sitting on B Hamilton ($11 last year), J Villar ($1 can be signed up to 3 years) and Tim Anderson ($1 can be signed up to 3 years)
    • Should I go in with all 3 and load up on steals with the probability of looking to trade in season
    • Should I look to trade one knowing that I might need to pay for a few more steals in the auction (obviously, what I can get in return will be a key variable, but just looking for opinions on strategy)

Thanks for your help

Regarding the second question:

I keep all three.

Are you saying that if you want to sign someone it is in 3 year increments minimum, so $15 per increase?

If I have that wrong and it is $5 for 1 year, I would give each one year.

When you state Hamilton is "last year" does that mean you cannot raise him? If not I give him a year as well.

Comment

Brinson, monster upside and not a pitcher.

If you aren't getting any good offers for your speed guys now, let your leaguemates pay through the nose for the remaining steals, and then just trade after the auction.

Comment

Brinson.

I'd max extend Villar. I'd roll the dice on Anderson and extend for a year.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Brinson.
          Keep all 3
          Extend Villar.
          Possibly extend Anderson (not clear on your extension rules)

Comment

Brinson...keep all 3 and flip one for the category you come out of the draft weakest in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Brinson.
              Keep all 3
              Extend Villar.
              Possibly extend Anderson (not clear on your extension rules)
              Ditto.

Comment

Brinson for sure.

Extend Villar. maybe just 2 years though to be safe and keep value. I don't like Anderson. I think he played above what was expected in his time up last year. I know steals may increase but i could see his avg dipping which would cause problems in other areas. Just a hunch. I had as an M for alot of years. Traded him last year. Was very suprised he hit as well as he did. Maybe he will keep it up but I don't think it's a lock he does.

Comment

Thanks all...Appreciate the advice.

Gonna keep Brinson, that seemed to be unanimous (thought Espinoza might get a vote)

As for the contracts, I had signed Hamilton a few years back and this is the last year of his deal. Can't be extended. He goes back into the auction next year. Villar and Anderson were both drafted last year, so now I have the choice to sign them to a 1, 2 or 3 year deal. There are no further extensions.

I explored a few options on deals, but nothing blew me away, so i will also keep all the speed and look to trade in-season to shore up any weakness.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by btash View Post
                    Thanks all...Appreciate the advice.

Gonna keep Brinson, that seemed to be unanimous (thought Espinoza might get a vote)

As for the contracts, I had signed Hamilton a few years back and this is the last year of his deal. Can't be extended. He goes back into the auction next year. Villar and Anderson were both drafted last year, so now I have the choice to sign them to a 1, 2 or 3 year deal. There are no further extensions.

I explored a few options on deals, but nothing blew me away, so i will also keep all the speed and look to trade in-season to shore up any weakness.

Thanks again!
                    Purely out of curiosity do you have to add $ to sign to 1/2/3 year deals or will it be at $1 for each year?

Comment

Take Villar as an example...

I auctioned him last year for $1...this year, i decide to keep him or not and if I keep him, how long. His salary would stay at $1 this year and then go to $6 in year 2 and then $11 in year 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X