another trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another trade?

$5b Tanaka and M Gurriel for $4b Schwarber? i'd extend schwaber to $9 and have for 2 years. I'd hope he gets C elegibity quick an keeps it for next year/ Needs 3 games in season and 10 games during to qulaify for next year. Thanks

If you can get Schwarber then this would be an improvement yes.

Comment

I made the trade. Now I have to decide to extend Schwarber for $9 and have him this year and next. Or if he will really be C eligible the next few years maybe extend him to $14 and have him for this year and the next 3. He will have to catch in 10 games a year to qualify for the following year. Once catches 3 games during this year he will be a C for the current year but it doesn't carry over unless he reaches $10. i figure he would go for around $30 or more in our league as a catcher. Any opinions on this from others?

Comment

Originally posted by deaccat View Post
        I made the trade. Now I have to decide to extend Schwarber for $9 and have him this year and next. Or if he will really be C eligible the next few years maybe extend him to $14 and have him for this year and the next 3. He will have to catch in 10 games a year to qualify for the following year. Once catches 3 games during this year he will be a C for the current year but it doesn't carry over unless he reaches $10. i figure he would go for around $30 or more in our league as a catcher. Any opinions on this from others?
        Yeah, I'd extend him out two years to 14 bucks. If he stays healthy, there's no reason he's not a 30 HR guy even if he doesn't catch, if he does, bonus.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

No question, extend him.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            No question, extend him.
            Agree, but I don't think he'll be catching unless there's a large series of injuries in front of him. Or unless the Cubs get knocked over for an offer from Montero.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Agree, but I don't think he'll be catching unless there's a large series of injuries in front of him. Or unless the Cubs get knocked over for an offer from Montero.
              Theo has stated that Schwarber is the left fielder but will be used as an emergency backup catcher. I believe he played catcher at least once this spring. Schwarber is vocal about wanting to catch.

He is also slated to be lead off hitter for the Cubs to start the year. I am not sure how that will affect his fantasy stats. I guess more runs, less RBI's same homeruns and 3 or 4 more steals. It makes me smile when beast boy steals a base. Put me down for 9.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                No question, extend him.
                Extend him to $9 or $14?

What's the consensus? It seems like most are saying $14. I usually try to be conservative with my extensions so I keep good value in the price. I guess $14 is ok if he ends up being a $30 player. I also look at the number of years a little different then most I think. 2 years is actually a long time. Obviously 3 is more but if I have him for 2 full seasons I get a lot of production out of him. things change alot year to year. Next year or 2 years from now there could be an influx of catchers that are good and he could fall off. I know not likely bc he is young and catcher is historically a tough spot but I got burned by extending Carlos Gomez for too long and other players who it seemed like were safe bets and values at the price they were when I extended them.

I guess if i look at worst case scenarios. Say he is just an OF and ends up being a $20 +/- player it still doesn't screw me if he is $14 but if he is an over $30 player I still make out and have him for that extra year. Especially if he does get C eleigibity I am set at a tough spot for a good couple of years.

I guess i'm leaning towards doing the $14 for 3 years total. This and the next 2.

Thanks

Comment

Extend him to $9 or $14?

What's the consensus? It seems like most are saying $14. I usually try to be conservative with my extensions so I keep good value in the price. I guess $14 is ok if he ends up being a $30 player. I also look at the number of years a little different then most I think. 2 years is actually a long time. Obviously 3 is more but if I have him for 2 full seasons I get a lot of production out of him. things change alot year to year. Next year or 2 years from now there could be an influx of catchers that are good and he could fall off. I know not likely bc he is young and catcher is historically a tough spot but I got burned by extending Carlos Gomez for too long and other players who it seemed like were safe bets and values at the price they were when I extended them.

I guess if i look at worst case scenarios. Say he is just an OF and ends up being a $20 +/- player it still doesn't screw me if he is $14 but if he is an over $30 player I still make out and have him for that extra year. Especially if he does get C eleigibity I am set at a tough spot for a good couple of years.

I guess i'm leaning towards doing the $14 for 3 years total. This and the next 2.

Thanks
                  Personally I'd extend to $9, but not $14. We often forget that he has only 236 MLB ABs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Personally I'd extend to $9, but not $14. We often forget that he has only 236 MLB ABs.
                    Yea I'd probably go to $9 and enjoy the bigger profits for 2 years.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Extend him to $9 or $14?

Thanks
                      I don't think you can go very wrong with either choice. If you have a lot of money going into the auction it is even less of a risk. Now if he was a $15 or $20 player it would be pretty simple to stand pat or go a year. Two would be out of the question (at least for me).

I would love to have Schwarber for 3 years at $14.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions guys. I think I'm just going to do the 2 years for $9. 2 years is a long time. I will worry about replacing him 3 years from now. By that time I will likely either have found other values at catcher or other postions and even if I have to pay big for one at that time I will do it or maybe I can make another trade like this one if i have too. I think no sense in worrying much about 3 years from now and just enjoy more of a value you now I can spend on replacing Tanaka in the draft.

I have tried to keep my pitching budget in the $80's out of $260 total. I am already at $80 with 4 other guys I am keeping. I have to draft 5 other pitchers. I think I can extend my budget to maybe as much as $100 since i just picked up $15 or so in value from Schwarber. Basically slide some of that money down to my pitching pool.

My hitters are good values already. I have:
                        C
                        C $9 Schwarber
                        1b
                        ss $1 Villar
                        2b $5 T. Turner
                        3b $8 Frazier
                        mi
                        ci $5 Sano
                        of $26 Cruz
                        of $15 Blackmon
                        of $5 J. Turner
                        of
                        of
                        utl

Pitchers
                        $44 Kershaw
                        $17 Verlander
                        $13 Kenly
                        $5 Ottavino

I have $107 left. Should I spend more on pitching? maybe $20 on 5 spots. I have atleast 3 maybe 4 guys I think I can get for $1-$3. So maybe try to find a guy decent guy for $10-$15?

I'd have $87 left for hitting. I think I can get servicable catcher for $5. I have a sleeper in mind for I'd go as high as $10 for at 1b but should be able to get him for less. Then I'm down to $72 for 2 OF, a MI and a UT. Maybe one big OF & one big MI like $30/$35 so maybe $65 on both and try to get lucky with an of and Ut where I spend around $5 or less for them each?

Comment

Working...
                        X