Marc Rzepcynski looking good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc Rzepcynski looking good

I think I've seen just about every outing of his this year - I have no idea why he's in the pen and JoJo Reyes is in the rotation. Eyechart has been making people look stupid bad this season and last night came in and struck out Zobrist, Longoria, and Joyce with relative ease. He's getting some nasty movement on his pitches right now and eating up righties with his change that has some nice fade down and away.

you have to wonder if he's doing so good in his current role that he's become too valuable to move into the rotation.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      you have to wonder if he's doing so good in his current role that he's become too valuable to move into the rotation.
      It's a fair question, but if Reyes keeps crapping the bed, having a good high-leverage reliever won't matter. They have have Francisco, Rauch, Dotel, and Frasor back there already -- they just need a LOOGY and Reyes could do well in that role. Eyechart is being wasted in that capacity

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        It's a fair question, but if Reyes keeps crapping the bed, having a good high-leverage reliever won't matter. They have have Francisco, Rauch, Dotel, and Frasor back there already -- they just need a LOOGY and Reyes could do well in that role. Eyechart is being wasted in that capacity
        Where do you get the nickname "eyechart"? Jays fans have always referred to him as Scrabble (even though there's only one Z in scrabble, but I digress).

As for Reyes, he would have gotten the boot from the rotation if he didn't have a great start his last time out, but he did. 6 ip, 4 h, 1 er, 4 k, 1 bb gets him another shot, for now. Then again, look at the career path of Casey Janssen. Has a solid season as a rookie starter at 24, then gets moved to the pen. Dominates in his first year relieving, but never gets another crack at the rotation. I still think Janssen would work as a solid back-end rotation option, but he'll never get that chance in the jays organization.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I've always called him eyechart. Reyes' last time out was against the Rays who as a team are quite awful vs LHP. I know that immediately brings to mind Rzep's work, but he made the club's 3 best hitters look damn foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            It seems that this is becoming the case ... he's being called on in close games - as a former pitcher it seems that Farrell is valuing middle relief more than past managers, at least Toronto ones.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

71% GB for Rzep, thats ridiculous. Thats good for second best in the majors with 10 IP min. Venters is first with 91%.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

From Rotoworld:
                05.13: Blue Jays manager John Farrell thinks Marc Rzepczynski is "on a steady pace to become one of the better relievers in the game." (That declaration might be a bit over the top, but there's no denying that it's been a smooth transition to the bullpen for the left-hander, as he boasts a 2.60 ERA, 0.87 WHIP and 18/5 K/BB ratio over 17 1/3 innings. "His velocity has climbed and he's got multiple weapons to get both left and right hand hitters out," Farrell added. "We can put him in there against anyone." It sounds like Farrell think Rzepczynski could be an option for the ninth inning somewhere down the line, but for now he's clearly behind Frank Francisco and Jon Rauch in the pecking order.)

Comment

thats what I was afraid of. I really think he should get another shot at starting but maybe he can be a closer down the line.

Comment

Idiot....

Comment

Rzep seems like a perfect "buy skills, not roles" candidate. As a MR, he shouldn't cost too much, even in an AL-only league, and he should have a good shot at starting down the line.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                      X