Brad Miller vs Justin Turner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Miller vs Justin Turner

It's a 13 team mixed 5x5 league with no CI or MI but 2 UT. Both have similar prices ($1 difference) and can be kept up to 3 years. I have about 24 hours to make my choice.

Miller (1B) is 5 years younger (27 vs 32), seems to be less injury prone, and he qualifies at an extra position (SS) for at least this year.

Turner (3B) has a big advantage in batting average and plays in a better offense. Both have similar power and speed (or lack of speed).

I'm leaning toward Miller because i'm thinking he has some more upside as he enters his prime production years and first base is looking a little thin this year. Especially if my league mates keep some of the top ten. I'm already keeping Story as my SS so Miller would be my 1B if i keep him.

Who do you like?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

I think they are pretty even, but Turner could quite easily fall off the age cliff at any time. Miller seems to have tapped into something, but has a shorter track record of success. I probably go with Miller just for the one year of SS eligibility. It's close.

Comment

Any chance Miller regains his 2B eligibility this year?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

For 1 season I would reluctantly take Turner.

For 3 years I really like Miller. He has transitioned from overhyped prospect to posthype to 30 HR SS.

In your shoes I'd keep Miller and then aggressively look for someone to trade their 1B for Story who I think is a little over valued right now in order to slide Miller over to SS where he is more of an asset.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Yeah, looks like that's where the Rays are going to play him this season...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Yes, after the first week

Comment

I'm all over Turner in that one. Miller has great positional flexibility, but his HR/FB was off the charts high and regression looks likely. You already have likely one of the best SS, grab Turner who'll get you 30-35 points in BA advantage and still deliver similar power results in a much better lineup, which should also make his counting stats look better.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

If Turner's knee is OK, I take him easily. Is his knee OK? That's the question.

Comment

Working...
                X