Odor for Tanaka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odor for Tanaka?

I'm thinking of making this offer. Odor is $6 in his option year and Tanaka is $5 in his option year. I have Kershaw $44 in his final year and will be extenting Verlander to $18 which will give me 2 years at that price. I'm keeping Kenly at $14 and Ottavino at $5.

I have T. Turner & Villar but will still need a MI. I was willing to trade Tanaka more before he started killing it this spring. I am now even considering extending him 1 extra year. If this trade were to go through I'd have to draft 5 starters. I usually go for low end guys except for 1 stud and 2-3 semi studs. So I take 2 or 3 $1/$2 guys. This year it is looking like 4 of those guys bc i don't want to over spend on pitching. If I get rid of Tanaka it will be 5 guys. I'd likey spend no more than $10 on 5 pitchers. I couldn't get anybody close to Tanaka's level for $5. I would have to get lucky with fliers which has happened many times before and is possible but relying on finding 5 of those finds as opposed to 2 or 3 may be tough.

On the other side. I would feel much more comfortable extending Odor so likely 2 years with good value. Like most I like hitters over pitchers. My options to fill the MI spot are not very good given all the keepers the league has in place. I'd end up with someone like Schoop or Pedroia for $5-$10

thanks for any thoughts

Wait, do you have Odor or Tanaka?

Trade seems pretty unbalanced, Odor typically goes for ~$10 more in auction leauges than Tanaka. So if you are getting Odor, sounds great if you can somehow convince the other owner to get fleeced. If you are getting Tanaka, seems like you should be getting something else in return to balance it out.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with what Ken said...while Tanaka is still killing it, he still has that elbow issue that could go at any time. I just don't trust him. Odor is the better bet by far, IMO.

Whatever you do, do not extend Tanaka.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I also agree with Ken on this one. I'd much, much rather have Odor in any kind of mixed league. The gap is a little smaller if you're in an OBP league but even then I'd still rather have Odor.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I read this as you are trying to trade Tanaka. If I was the Odor owner I would easily turn this down.

I would also love to own Schoop for 5-10 bucks.

Comment

Jump on it. I just traded for Odor and gave up a lot more than Tanaka. And I'm happy I did.

Comment

I think talc might help
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

No way would I trade Odor for Tanaka.

Comment

Ok, I guess I'm crazy. I may be overvaluing Tanaka. (He is who I have currently) I am worried if i trade him I am going to have too many pitchers to find in the auction for just a $1-$2. I don't have alot of free money and already have $80 committed to pitching with my keepers other than Tanaka who is another $5. I may try to make the offer and see what he says. I guess it can't hurt. Sounds like I'm going to get denied pretty quick but maybe I can add a closer like Ottavino and keep Bedrosion? I guess that's not enough either in most peoples eyes?

Comment

Working...
                  X