Swisher For Feliz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swisher For Feliz?

ESPN standard 5x5 12 Team Mixed. Currently sitting in 1st with 101 pts (56 hitting, 45 pitching). Second is at 84 pts, third 83.5, fourth at 70. I was offered, by the last place team, his Feliz for my Swisher. Part of me wants to hop on this deal, but the other part of me says my squad is fine with my current pitching staff and I'm not in need of a closer.

My roster is:

C: Avila
    1B: Teixeira
    2B: Kinsler
    3B: Bautista
    SS: Y. Escobar
    CI: Ike Davis
    MI: Neil Walker
    OF: Braun, Victorino, Bourn, Swisher, Tabata
    Util: Murphy
    Bench: Bourgeois

SP: Hamels, Billingsley, Kuroda, Daniel Hudson, Edwin Jackson, de la Rosa
    RP: Papelbon, Kimbrel, Hanrahan, Santos

I kinda view Swisher as a more important cog right now as I think he'll provide around his typical numbers and not really kill me anywhere. Who knows how long Tabata will be out, or how long Murphy/Bourgeois will be getting steady playing time.

I don't really need saves help I guess, but having Papelbon/Kimbrel/Hanrahan/Feliz sure opens up trade possibilities for me and I could maybe land someone better than Swisher in return.

But I think if this squad stays healthy, I believe it's balanced enough to win the league as is. Feel like maybe trading offense for a closer just upsets that whole balance, but I think Feliz is the more valuable commodity. I'm assuming Feliz will be coming off the DL within the next week.

Thoughts?

With a small bench and a 12 team mixed, I go for studs at positions and Feliz is one. You can find a someone similar in the OF.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
      With a small bench and a 12 team mixed, I go for studs at positions and Feliz is one. You can find a someone similar in the OF.
      I tend to agree, but it's tougher when you're playing 5 outfielders. I actually think Swish and Feliz are pretty close in terms of value in this setup. And it's easier to find closers on the WW than 3-4 category outfielders. So unless you really think you can flip Paps or Hanny or Feliz for a better OF I think I'd pass.

Comment

Working...
      X