Final rookie keeper? NL-only, 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final rookie keeper? NL-only, 4x4

I have narrowed it down to 4 rookie keepers, out of which I can actually keep 3, at no cost to my $280. budget.Their salary when activated is pretty close, so no issue. I would like them to make an impact this year or next for sure. In no order:

* R Quinn
    *J Alfaro
    *N Williams
    *I Happ
    I know Quinn is going back to AAA, but his speed is awfully hard to ignore on a slow team such as mine.
    Alfaro is a powerful catcher whose defense will earn him the right to move up ASAP. A Knapp is ahead of him in the minors and Rupp is making a case to remain #1.
    Williams is either ahead of Quinn or behind, depends on who you talk to. His coachability is seemingly no longer an issue.
    Happ seems to be the highest rated, but I am concerned that he will not have a roster spot with Eloy ahead of him in OF and Baez at 2b.
    Thoughts?
    Bearin' up!

I would keep quinn noting that I have seen no news that Quinn has been reassigned yet. There is a possibility he makes the team I think. If you want an impact in this season, he is the easy choice imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      I would keep quinn noting that I have seen no news that Quinn has been reassigned yet. There is a possibility he makes the team I think. If you want an impact in this season, he is the easy choice imo.
      Thanks, Pauly. Any choice for the other 2? This is a tough one, with 4 really high-ceiling guys.
      Bearin' up!

Comment

Sorry I misread that you needed to dump one. Happ is the highest ceiling i would keep him. As for alfaro/Williams hmmm it is close but frankly I just haven't read many great things about Williams in thr last year plus. You should bring rhd into this...go to his prospects thread at the top of the baseball forum

Comment

I'd cut Williams. Happ is the best player, Quinn probably has the best shot at being relevant this year, and in only leagues (assuming two-catcher) a cheap good starting catcher is worth holding on to.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Williams took a step back and seems to have fallen out of favor with fantasy prognosticators. I am not ready to write him off in deep keeper leagues. He is one of my rookie keepers in my NL only league. Unfortunately some of the bad press removes some of his perceived value as a trading chip. I will wait it out.

The good news it that you do not have to. You have better options for this year and going forward. So while I would not want to throw Williams back given these 4 it is a pretty easy choice. It is a nice problem to have.

Comment

Working...
            X