Which pitchers should I keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pitchers should I keep?

14 team mixed league. Which of the following 6 pitchers should I keep and for how long?
    All except McCullers can be signed for 1, 2, or 3 year contracts.
    First year is listed salary and second and third year increase $5 each year.

Dallas Keuchel $16
    Lance Lynn $1
    Steven Matz $1
    Lance McCullers $10 (under contract, will lose $10 off $260 spending budget if not kept)
    Matt Moore $6
    Jameson Taillon $1

Edwin Diaz $1
    Greg Holland $1
    Brandon Kintzler $1
    Roberto Osuna $2

keep
    Matz
    Taillon
    Diaz

and let the others go and use the extra money well

maybe extend
    Matz - one more year
    Taillon - 2 more years

Is Diaz going to be a keeper at $6 if he isnt closing next year - or is the risk low enough - I am not sure but could make a case for extending him

welcome to the pen

Comment

Since you pay McCullers salary either way, I keep him for sure. I'd keep the following 5 as well:

Matz (extend 1 yer)
      Taillon (extend 1 year)
      Diaz (extend 1 year)
      Osuna
      Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Since you pay McCullers salary either way, I keep him for sure. I'd keep the following 5 as well:

Matz (extend 1 yer)
        Taillon (extend 1 year)
        Diaz (extend 1 year)
        Osuna
        Moore
        Why would you extend Diaz but not Osuna? At $1 and $2 respectively, they are similar costs, and they are also likely in the same tier as far as 2017 expectations. Unless you are just hedging here by extending one out of two closers, it seems like the same logic would be used on both guys.

Comment

Matz (extend 1 yer)
          Taillon (extend 1 year)
          Diaz (extend 1 year)
          Osuna
          Moore
          I agree with this but with no extensions.

Comment

Matz
            Taillon
            Diaz (+1) (I'd gamble on one of them, but not both. This kid looks like sandman-lite)
            Osuna
            Kintzler (even a month and a half of saves is worth $1)
            McCullers (no reason not to)
            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Why would you extend Diaz but not Osuna? At $1 and $2 respectively, they are similar costs, and they are also likely in the same tier as far as 2017 expectations. Unless you are just hedging here by extending one out of two closers, it seems like the same logic would be used on both guys.
              Part hedge, and part Diaz having Jansen like upside. Of the two, I'd gamble on Diaz and his seductive K rate. Extending closers is so risky, I don't know if I could bring myself to extend both, and I like Diaz a bit more for his upside with Ks.

Comment

Matz (extend 1 yer)
                Taillon (extend 1 year)
                Diaz (extend 1 year)
                Osuna
                Moore
                Yep, gotta keep or trade McCullers. I agree with Sour on the rest. I might extend Osuna 1 year as well even though I like Diaz better. 2 Closers for 12 bucks is pretty nice. They are still cheap enough to be a good trade chip if needed.

Comment

Working...
                X