Prospect Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect Question

We are on to the reserve prospect draft for our league (mixed league, 6x6 including OPS and QS). For this first year, they won't be on our fantasy league roster but then we have them under contract for 3 additional years so the prospect doesn't necessarily have to be big league ready this year.

In terms of fantasy impact for the following 3 years then, how would you rate these 4 players who I think will be available at my draft slot:

Eloy Jimenez
    Gleyber Torres
    Amed Rosario
    Robert Gsselman
    Austin Meadows
    Victor Robles

Thanks in advance!

Those are some nice prospects. Obviously Gsellman contributes this year. If you've got a chance to win, maybe that factors in, but I'd rather draft Eloy and trade him for an SP better than Gsellman.

Given the extra "slugging" category, I'd move Eloy ahead of Robles. Do you HAVE to start their contract next year even if they're not up?

I think I go

Eloy
    Meadows
    Robles
    ---
    Rosario
    Torres
    Gsellman

Comment

Thanks JC! Yes - we do have to start their contract next year even if they aren't up. Worst case though is that we only get a half year or so out of them next year but then have them for 2 more cheap years plus an option for an additional year.

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Those are some nice prospects. Obviously Gsellman contributes this year. If you've got a chance to win, maybe that factors in, but I'd rather draft Eloy and trade him for an SP better than Gsellman.

Given the extra "slugging" category, I'd move Eloy ahead of Robles. Do you HAVE to start their contract next year even if they're not up?

I think I go

Eloy
      Meadows
      Robles
      ---
      Rosario
      Torres
      Gsellman

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

I think I go

Eloy
        Meadows
        Robles
        ---
        Rosario
        Torres
        Gsellman
        Wow, nice prospect list.

I agree with JC with the exception I would move Torres ahead of Rosario. This is most likely due to me being a Cubs homer and hearing a lot bout him. He is going to be a good one.

Comment

Gsellman isn't even in this list unless you really need another starter for this entire season.

Torres belongs in the first group, probably ahead of Robles because of that sixth category. My only concern with Eloy is that even if he's ready (and he's looked ready in ST this year) they really have nowhere to play him without an injury or trade.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Eloy, Torres and Robles all have the highest upside, IMO. I wouldn't worry about who the Cubs might have ahead of Eloy, his bat will force the situation sooner rather than later. I'm guessing that if Heyward doesn't come back big this year, they'll eat what they have to on the salary and move on...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Slugging is the thing.

That said, it would not surprise me to see Robles in DC this year, despite him being youngest. Everything I have seen says perennial Gold Glove.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
              X