RJEL Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL Keepers

So to combine two threads I've authored here (Last Keeper Choice and Can this Rotation Compete)

I'm going to throw it all together and get your thoughts on Stars and scrubs vs Spread the Risk.

LOTS of big names offensively, will be back in the pool, The pitching pool is a bit thinner (at least at this moment)

18 team, mixed roto 5x5 with OBP replacing Avg TOUGH competition

Zero is first year, a second, b last. Extensions are dated by year.

Arenado $14 2018
    Reddick $11 b
    Castillo $1 b

Sale $36 b
    Cole $16 2018
    A Sanchez $5 a
    I Nova $4 b
    Eickhoff $3 a

A Chapman $22 a
    Dyson $4 a

That's keeping $116 leaving $149 for 13 starters and 5 bench guys ($1)

Are there any b contracts you'd extend? Nova is the only one I'd even consider.

Stars and scrubs gives me 3 big ticket guys to anchor my offense alone with Nolan while Spread will give me 5-6 second-third tier guys. The offensive draft pool does look deep enough to find value either way.

Would a $3 Finnegan replace any of these guys?

Thanks in advance--
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

No extensions and Finnegan doesn't make the cut IMO. As for your strategy, I think it depends on whether owners are bidding the stars well past their inflated values. If that's the case, I'd go with STR. I generally prefer to land a few big names but I came to the eye-opening realization that no one who has paid over $60 for a single player has ever won our league.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      No extensions and Finnegan doesn't make the cut IMO. As for your strategy, I think it depends on whether owners are bidding the stars well past their inflated values. If that's the case, I'd go with STR. I generally prefer to land a few big names but I came to the eye-opening realization that no one who has paid over $60 for a single player has ever won our league.
      I don't think I've ever gone past the low $50s in any league or auction ever in my life.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        I don't think I've ever gone past the low $50s in any league or auction ever in my life.
        I have once...Carlos Gomez for $65 two years ago. Unfortunately the top-tier guys in my league usually hit $60. Bautista and McCutchen both went for $69 last year, Stanton for $73, Votto $63, Miggy $67. Harper, Goldschmidt, and Altuve back in the auction pool for the first time in 5 years, should be insanity.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

I have once...Carlos Gomez for $65 two years ago. Unfortunately the top-tier guys in my league usually hit $60. Bautista and McCutchen both went for $69 last year, Stanton for $73, Votto $63, Miggy $67. Harper, Goldschmidt, and Altuve back in the auction pool for the first time in 5 years, should be insanity.
          I'd pee my pants.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'd pee my pants.
            You'd fit right into our league! One of our league's many memes is IJP (it's just piss). Long story, not for public consumption.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

This with the exception in our league I change $60 to $50 for a single player.

Comment

Reddick at $11 is a very marginal keep, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Yeah, I'd agree...he's only played more than 150 games once in his career, and most years well under that.

I'm also not crazy with Cole for 16 bucks...lots of boom or bust there.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

So Reddik at $11 or Upton at $1?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So Reddik at $11 or Upton at $1?
                      Honestly, I'd keep Upton as much as I don't like him. He'll give you really cheap speed, and some power. You've just got to hope his OBP isn't a killer...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Steamer always likes Reddick and he always disappoints. I agree that he's very marginal.

Comment

I've always been intrigued by reddick, small man crush--thought his new digs might bring his bat back, but now that you mention it--He probably won;t go for more than 11 if he's in the draft pool.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I've always been intrigued by reddick, small man crush--thought his new digs might bring his bat back, but now that you mention it--He probably won;t go for more than 11 if he's in the draft pool.
                            And Houston is unbelievably deep. I think if you toss him back, he goes for $7 to $9.

Comment

Agree on keeping Upton at a buck.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X