X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My NFBC online draft last night

Results:

Thoughts:
    • Even in a 12-team mixed league, pitching runs out quickly. Bundy was not a target at SP6, but he was the last guy that didn't make me turn up my nose for one reason or another at that time. Finnegan and Andriese are insurance policies although I am much higher on Finnegan.
    • Wanted Harper, but just like LABR, he went the pick before me so I repeated the same pick (mistake?) that I did there
    • Yes, Alex Reyes and Nate Eovaldi were drafted
    • I was a round early on the closer run. I was worried that both Diaz and Giles would be gone by the end of the 7th round but only 2 closers went after I took Diaz there. I debated doubling up with Giles but looked at the other teams to my right who also needed at 1B that was starting to thin out, so went with Hanley and took chance that Giles would make it back. He did not.
    • Big mistake late was being distracted by shiny new toy Haniger and not getting Forsythe. I love the latter a lot more than the former but completely brainfarted that one
    • Debated between Dickerson and Jones with 1st reserve pick, but went with power instead. Since I have Robertson, I really don't know why I did that as I would have both insurance and a 4th closer if Robertson goes to Washington, so that feels like my other big mistake. Getting Barraclough later sort of helps though

I really hope you're right about Jim Johnson.

I love the dude who took Alex Reyes. SMRT!

Yan Gomes and Austin Hedges in a 12-team 2 catcher league? Ugh.

Overall, looks pretty solid.

Comment

Jason, was this an industry draft or just a random NFBC league you are in? I thought I heard this draft being talked about on the Sirius XM station this morning.

Comment

Donaldson seems to be slipping everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          I really hope you're right about Jim Johnson.

I love the dude who took Alex Reyes. SMRT!

Yan Gomes and Austin Hedges in a 12-team 2 catcher league? Ugh.

Overall, looks pretty solid.
          Outside of top handful of catchers, I hate the rest of them. If you don't get one of the top 6 or 7, then might as well kick it back awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Jason, was this an industry draft or just a random NFBC league you are in? I thought I heard this draft being talked about on the Sirius XM station this morning.
            Oh? It was a "beat Jason from Rotowire" draft competition. They ask us to put ourselves out there and give us a free team to let people compete against us and drum up more interest. I finished 3rd last time I did albeit a distant 3rd place from my league winner.

What were they saying?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Donaldson seems to be slipping everywhere.
              After going Turner 1, I wanted a big power option there at 2 and he was at the top of my board. I was more thrilled with Cruz still being there late in the 3rd as other drafts I've done he was already gone by then.

Comment

Nice looking team. Team 5 is pretty intriguing also
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  It was big enough that they were talking about it on Sirius Fantasy Channel way too early this morning. And Jason, I hope you are just wrong this year because your targets are mostly my anti-targets, except for Johnson and one other guy that I don't have as a keeper so I won't mention publicly---steal where you get him. I think I like your late picks and just am not sold on Turner as first round material---you can't win a draft in the first round but you can lose it, so I like more safety. I probably would have taken Rizzo there. Maybe Miggy, but he is aging and getting dangerous. I do like Donaldson in Round 2, so maybe it is just Turner that is my issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X