My PONY Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PONY Results

So another year where I chase an elusive PONY title. The software systems liked my team, but let's see how it looks to you guys. I'll mark the keepers in bold and I'll share my "plan" here.

I knew I couldn't get Kershaw and get a 2nd front line SP so my plan was to get two SP's, that said I am pretty sure I bid $49 or $50 on Clayton only to be outbid. So I knew I wanted to try to get 2 of the top starters. I was trying to get somewhat reliable ones from a health stand point, but hell I was in on the Strasburg bidding so I can't say I was very committed to that. So on the pitching side I wanted two front line starters and some quality RP's to go with my 2 closer keepers.

Hitting wise I wanted to add a little speed here and there as it is hard to find and to do my best to watch my BA as I already kept Pederson to drag that down. I tried again to stay away from the shiny new toys though I had money at the end and got into a bidding war for Cotton that I bowed out of and put the money elsewhere.

Here is what that got me...

C Sanchez $5
    C Y Molina $4
    1B Mig Cabrera $47
    2B I Kinsler $25
    SS A Diaz $5
    3B J Turner $5

MI E Andrus $16
    CI B Belt $12
    OF C Blackmon $6
    OF JD Martinez $15
    OF J Pederson $10

OF J Heyward $15
    OF M Haniger $3
    UT K Pillar $1

P M Stroman $5
    P J Cueto $33
    P J Lester $30
    P D Smyly $6
    P J Berrios $1
    P M Bush $1
    P D Betances $12
    P W Davis $2
    P T Watson $1

I took Michael Wacha and Howie Kendrick in rsv so far. My farm has pieces to trade and maybe some help later in the year...

Amed Rosario
    Raf. Devers
    Willy Adames
    Brendan Rodgers
    Corey Ray

I will probably need to grab some SP options in rsv, but I came out of it pretty happy. What do you guys think?

I really like your team. I was also planning for Kershaw, and a fallback of 2 2nd tier aces. I couldn't pull the trigger on either of the SPs you bought and I regret it; I didn't want to spend 60+ on my 2 aces, but I think it was the smart play.Offense is pretty solid, I love Yadi and Haniger at those prices, don't love Kinsler. Belt/Andrus are boring but should earn their prices. Berrios looks really good right now, let's see if that holds up.

Comment

Nice team.

I like the Belt buy for $12. I haven't been a fan for fantasy purposes because he always goes for more than he produces. I think this is one of the first auctions that he is not only fair priced but could/should earn his salary and maybe a profit.

I do not like the Heyward buy at $15. I really really hope I am wrong and he is the fantasy player of the year. I am no longer a believer. His new swing is getting him a .095 ave. this spring. I really want to believe the hype that I a am reading from fantasy experts that he will figure it out and be a good buy. I just see no evidence of it.

Comment

Stupid question time....what is a PONY league?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          Stupid question time....what is a PONY league?
          Just a long running league populated with a number of posters from here. We meet in person and auction each year. We are on like year 14 or something.

Comment

Overall, really like your team. Belt is a very solid buy, Andrus is a good buy, Kinsler might have been an overpay, but not by much, and he's a counting stat machine. Really like your pitching buys.

Like Gregg, the only buy I didn't like was Heyward.

You look light on speed, but rumor has it that joncarlos owns 90% of the speed in the league, so you might be alright.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
              Just a long running league populated with a number of posters from here. We meet in person and auction each year. We are on like year 14 or something.
              What Frae forgot to add is the PONY part stands for Pennsylvania, Ohio and NY....which is where most of the owners reside.

Comment

Thanks guys, I actually agree with you on the Heyward buy. It was late, after I had bid up on Cotton and I was running out of good places to push my money in. Without checking I could be wrong, but I think Heyward was one of the higher priced guys in that last 60 minutes.

We will see how it goes at the moment I am optimistic I didn't screw it up too badly

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                  Thanks guys, I actually agree with you on the Heyward buy. It was late, after I had bid up on Cotton and I was running out of good places to push my money in. Without checking I could be wrong, but I think Heyward was one of the higher priced guys in that last 60 minutes.

We will see how it goes at the moment I am optimistic I didn't screw it up too badly
                  I think his good draft comes from not using a Barbie doll computer this year!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                    I think his good draft comes from not using a Barbie doll computer this year!!!!!!
                    Haha, I ended up using my wife's pink laptop last year for a live auction. However I won that league. YMMV.

Comment

Working...
                    X