AL Only Keeper Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only Keeper Question

Hi all, thought I had my keepers set but I would appreciate any 2nd opinions.

12 Team, AL Only, 5x5, Keep 6

Prices are for 2017

Current Keepers:
    M. Betts $36
    C. Kluber $27
    M. Stroman $11
    C. Rodon $8
    E. Diaz $7
    T. Anderson $2

Outside looking in:
    J. Cotton $7
    N. Jones $6
    Y. Gurriel $15
    R. Madson $7
    L. Severino $6
    M. Strahm $6
    V. Mart $20
    E. Longoria $23
    CJ Cron $21

To keep anyone in 2018 just add $5 to their listed salary.

Been wondering if I should swap out Kluber or Betts with Cotton. Any thoughts?

I think you have the correct six, though I might swap out Cotton for Rodon. I realize Rodon is a big talent with great upside but he could single handedly destroy your WHIP.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd be thinking about keeping Longo instead of Stroman. I just don't think Stro has huge upside and you've already got 3 other pitchers.

Comment

I think you have the right 6. Chance makes good point. That said Rodon's upside for 8 bucks is too enticing for me to pass up. I gamble like that.

Even though I like Rodon, I would try to capitalize on his name/hype and flip him for some offense. I agree that you have chosen your best value keepers. With only 6 keeps and 5 being pitchers, I would not panic but would explore the Rodon market.

Comment

Agree with the above. I'm a Stroman owner, and still wouldnt be thrilled with $11, although it is solid value from what he seems to be going for. I'd see what you could get for any combo of Stroman/Rodon/Cotton, and maybe even find the Robertson owner and try to package Jones. But, I imagine with only 6 keepers a lot of teams have strong lists. I'd be fine w/keeping Kluber or Betts (since that was your original question).
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Missed the swap of Betts or Kluber for Cotton. NO NO NO NO.

Comment

Thanks all, appreciate the insight. I have tried the trade route but there are not many people interested in trading, but I will keep at it.

Comment

I wouldn't keep Cotton over Betts or Kluber. If anything, I'd keep him over Stroman. I agree with joncarlos that Longoria over Stroman is worth consideration too.
                '

Comment

Working...
                X