Last keeper Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last keeper Choice

So I am down to my last 2 keepers, 18 team 5x5 mixed roto OBP replacing Avg.

Candidates are:

Descalfini 2
    Finnegan 3
    M Upton 1
    Pillar 1
    W Castillo 1 (one catcher league)
    A Gordon 23

I am assuming DeSclafani will be out for an extended period of time (maybe all season) So I'm leaning toward Finnegan being one of the two as I don't want to keep 2 pitchers and I just don;t trust elbow issues even at 2 bucks.

If Upton was not going to platoon I'd lean his way, but since he is and Bad Melvin is always lurking and he IS scheduled to start the season in a platoon, maybe not.

Thoughts?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I like Pillar for a buck. 18 teams seems deep enough that a good, solid, every day player like him has value. His defennse is strong, so the ABs should be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I like Pillar for a buck. 18 teams seems deep enough that a good, solid, every day player like him has value. His defennse is strong, so the ABs should be there.
      I kept him last year, but he disappointed--I read where he'll bat leadoff until Travis returns.

he's a definite possibility.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'd go with Upton...he can give you 20 steals and double digit homers without many AB's, which is probably a good thing.

And then Finnegan, he's got some upside at that price.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I'd go with Upton...he can give you 20 steals and double digit homers without many AB's, which is probably a good thing.

And then Finnegan, he's got some upside at that price.
          I was about to make a case for Pillar over Upton, but then I noticed it was an OBP league. I retract my suggestion. Pillar's walk rate is horrid, reducing the little value I thought he might provide you--his BA is solid, but his OBP is bad. I agree Finnigan is a good option for his upside.

Comment

I'd go Finnegan first and Melvin second.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Unless you have another catcher option, I would be keeping Castillo for a buck.

He is only 29 years old and will not be losing any time to the 30 year old Caleb.

I will take Castillo's .250 ave and 14 hrs all day long.

Comment

Castillo or MUpton for me. Sucks about DeSclafani, though.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Castillo or MUpton for me. Sucks about DeSclafani, though.
                  Yeah, if the prognosis was even clear that he'd be out a month, I'd keep him. But it sounds like he's heading for something serious.

What about Solarte at 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Unless you have another catcher option, I would be keeping Castillo for a buck.

He is only 29 years old and will not be losing any time to the 30 year old Caleb.

I will take Castillo's .250 ave and 14 hrs all day long.
                    Obp League

Comment

I'd go with Solarte and Castillo.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                        Obp League
                        He has a career OBP of .318. .322 last year. I am buying at a buck.

Comment

Working...
                        X