Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Per RotoWorld:

Rockies manager Bud Black said during an appearance on KOA NewsRadio on Tuesday that Ian Desmond (hand) is expected to return in late-April.
    Desmond suffered a fracture of the second metacarpal bone in his left hand when he was hit by a pitch on Sunday. He's scheduled for surgery on Wednesday, so there should be more clarity on the timeline soon, but the early estimate could have been much worse. Mark Reynolds will be the primary fill-in at first base in the short-term.

Roster Resource also has Reynolds filling in at first base. They are assuming Dahl starts the year on the DL as I suspect RotoWorld does.
    Late April sounds really aggressive. When I broke my hand a few years ago, it was still killing me two months later -- and I didn't have surgery. I can't see how a guy who needs to use a bat will be back after hand surgery in just 4-to-6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Late April sounds really aggressive. When I broke my hand a few years ago, it was still killing me two months later -- and I didn't have surgery. I can't see how a guy who needs to use a bat will be back after hand surgery in just 4-to-6 weeks.
      I think the surgery actually speeds up the healing process of a broken bone. But that does seem like an aggressive projection.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
      X