• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    i hope he likes to meet peeples
    Dont jink us

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I'm in two leagues on Fantrax, now very pleased. Seemed to be pretty buggy early on, but ran smoothly the last half of last year.

I'd say it's 90-95% of the functionality at 1/3rd the cost, though I'm not the commish.
      Would love to hear the 10% functionality we don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
        Thanks Todd, you're always very helpful.

I've been playing around with it and there is a free, bare bones version, but I think most leagues will wind up using the premium, which as you said, is significantly cheaper than CBS. To me that is just gravy, because functionality is my #1 priority. The commish controls are a bit more complex than CBS, which is a double-edged sword. To be more customizable and flexible, it requires a greater learning curve.

So far my biggest concerns are the following, in case Todd is successful at recruiting a Fantrax rep to join here:

1. Can I set up co-owners for one team? yes you can. You can add them by going Commissioner>League Setup> Teams & Schedule> then click the plus sign to the team you want to add the second owner to.

2. Do they have, or can they add, the capability to view all rosters on a single page with salary, contract info, and custom added columns? They have a roster grid with all teams but no salary and contract info. They have the single team rosters with salary, contract, and custom columns and the drop down window to change from team to team, but they don't currently have the "All Teams" option CBS has. This is important to me for commish purposes.- We don't have that single screen but a work around is to go to players page and then select all taken players. You can then sort by team.

3. Can they have dual salary caps, one for the active roster and one for the entire roster, active and reserve. As far as I can tell, you can only have one or the other.

4. Can the FAAB system be commish-approved as opposed to automatically processed? I'd like a system where all the owners submit their FAAB bids and hierarchy secretly to the site, and then after the deadline the site reveals the bids to me for me to approve or adjust accordingly. -can you descrbibe the need for this?

5. Is there a way to delete a transaction from the transaction report without undoing the actual transaction? in commissioner mode go to past transactions and the hit delete on far right.

6. Is there a way to add unlisted players, or is the only option to request the site add the players? I know their player pool is the deepest, but I have owners who like to deep dive for high schoolers and rumored international players. I'd actually like for my owners to be able to submit FAAB bids for unlisted players via some sort of write-in option.- If you find a player that is not in our pool they can request them and they will be in the system within 24 hours.

7. Does Fantrax offer an in-season Games Played By Position report? - We do not have that in a report but you can see each players games played by postion via there player profile screen

That's enough for now I guess. Most of these aren't deal breakers, just perfect world type stuff, and if they are really as accommodating as reported, why not ask for it all?

Comment

Hey Tim!

Bob Lung here....welcome to my origins in the Fantasy sports world!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_Fantrax View Post
            Would love to hear the 10% functionality we don't have.
            Do you have a live auction room?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Is Vickrey style FAAB bidding supported

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Can you explain exactly what that is? Sometimes people call things different names.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Do you have a live auction room?
                  Yes we do.

Zola has done an auction with us.

Comment

Can you explain exactly what that is? Sometimes people call things different names.

Auction/keeper league feature - when FAAB bid is won rather than the player contract being the highest bid it becomes the 2nd highest bid (plus 1 at times)

Comment

Auction/keeper league feature - when FAAB bid is won rather than the player contract being the highest bid it becomes the 2nd highest bid (plus 1 at times)
                      and the FAAB budget for the winner is charged the 2nd highest bid +1, not the actual bid.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I haven't looked at the site myself - how complex is the logic for FAAB prioritization? CBS for example forces you to prioritize your players in order of how much you're bidding on them, which is sometimes wrong.

How are you handling Ohtani?

In our CBS league we have a rule that if a player in the minors goes over the rookie limits they have to be moved out of the ML slot. I ended up having to write a program that scrapes the site to enforce this. Can your site do that for us?
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

What other sites have Vickrey style?

Comment

1) You can prioritize however you would like

2) By default, Ohtani will be handled just like any other player with multi-position eligibility. If he has hitter and pitcher eligibility in your league, he can be started at either position. He will only receive the stats/points associated with the roster slot in which he is started by the owner.

If you want him to accrue hitting AND pitching stats/points from one roster slot, here are your options:

If you have a Points or H2H Points league, the league commissioner can add hitting scoring categories (League setup-->Scoring) to the Pitching group if you want a player to accrue hitting points when in a Pitching roster slot. Note this will apply to all pitchers. That means that ALL players started in a pitching roster slot will also accrue hitting points when at bat.

If you wish to have a special roster slot where only the player in this slot will receive pitching and hitting points, your league can add a roster position (League Setup-->Rosters), such as Starting Pitcher 2. As above, add any desired hitting categories to the Pitching group, but assign zero points to each hitting category (meaning players in a regular pitching slot would receive zero points for hitting, as normal). Check the "Score Positions Differently" box on the League Setup-->Scoring screen. Save. Click on the Starting Pitcher 2 position in purple just above the scoring grid on that screen. Select each hitting scoring category from the dropdown and assign the desired points for each (such as 2 for double, 4 for HR, etc --- this will override hitting scoring for any player started in the Starting Pitcher 2 slot). Any player placed in this special Starting Pitcher 2 slot would receive Pitching points as well as Hitting points. Non-Ohtani owners might wish to place a good-hitting pitcher in this slot, such as Bumgarner, for example.

If you have a Roto or H2H Roto Categories league, the league can enable "Players will always accumulate stats in all scoring categories" in League Setup-->Scoring-->Preferences tab. By enabling this, all players in a Pitching roster slot will also accrue hitting stats, and vice versa.

3)Our system automates the detection of that and shows you which players are over the rookie limits, but currently it doesn't enforce it, though we do plan to add the enforcement component.

Comment

What other sites have Vickrey style?
                              Onroto does at least. Not sure of others.

(Obviously you can do it on most sites by having the commissioner manually override the bid amounts after the auction is done, but that's not really a great solution.)

Comment

What's the cost for premium?

Comment

Working...
                                X